In this very special half day workshop, you will learn how to make a fascinator for race day, or that special event, with Sydney's premier milliner Neil Grigg, in his studio in Paddington. Get inspired and be surrounded by bespoke hats, ribbons and bows. This is a real opportunity to take a peek inside a working millinery studio and learn about the art of millinery.
Your ticket includes morning tea, so grab a couple of friends and spend a magical morning catching up, chatting and learning. You will come away with a finished fascinator all boxed up and ready to take home. You will be also overseen by the resident Tonkinese cat, ‘Oscar’, so apologies for those who suffer allergies!
In his 30-year career, Neil Grigg has made thousands of hats for brides, race-goers and celebrities alike, from his studio and shop in Paddington. He has created headwear for theatre productions such as Miss Saigon, 42nd Street, Glimpses, and Les Miserables. Renowned for his beautiful handmade flowers, enchanting featherwork, and an endless imagination, Neil’s headpieces bring a particular individual style for each client. His bridal wear ranges from delicate headpieces through to flowing full-length veils.
Duration: 3.5 Hours
- How to choose a hat that suits their colouring and facial features
- How to shape and construct a fascinator
- Learn how to shape and trim feathers, as well as use ribbons and sinemay
- Expert tuition and a valuable learning experience
- Work with professional millinery tools and quality materials
- Leave the workshop with a bespoke, totally one-off fascinator that’s suitable for race days, weddings, and occasions that require flair!
- Just your enthusiasm!
Vendor sincce 2017
Classbunny organizes workshops and events all around Sydney. We cover all kinds of topics, from arts and crafts to cooking to ideas. We are a popular choice for Hen’s parties and workplace classes.
We also partner with councils, libraries and organizations to bring lively, diverse events and education to all.