Altered books are a fun and surprising way to create a unique work of art. Artists and writers have been using this technique forever to refresh their eye, explore and surprise themselves.
David Bowie, Kurt Cobain, William S Burroughs famously wrote lyrics and experimented by using 'cut up' words to create new meanings with pages from books, see here as have visual artists like Ekaterina Panikanova and the amazing Milkey Stilkey
We will be using discarded books destined to be pulped and you will breathe new life into them by cutting and painting them, creating new meanings from words on the page. You will learn to use collage techniques and paint to create mixed media images.
Come along see what's possible and roll up your sleeves!
No drawing skill is needed and is a perfect class for beginners.
- Source Images and explore the world of altered book artists' work
- Create mixed media images and be playful
- Use acrylic, pastels,watercolour and ink, scalpels, cutting and collage to create new meanings from found materials
- All materials are provided in class and you will leave with your altered book
- Curiosity and a sense of fun
Anything you like
Suitable for beginners
Vendor since 2017
Classbunny organizes workshops and events all around Sydney. We cover all kinds of topics, from arts and crafts to cooking to ideas. We are a popular choice for Hen’s parties and workplace classes.
We also partner with councils, libraries and organizations to bring lively, diverse events and education to all.