Wear the same "uniform"?
Want to accessorise, but cannot get it right for your shape?
Overwhelmed by choice?
This workshop is for you!
Jewellery designer, stylist and educator Christine Smalley will take you through two sessions in the evening:
This is an interactive and fun session of discovering your style with a quiz, establishing a virtual mood board of your style inspiration and then learn how you can use jewellery to accentuate your best bits.
In the second session, Christine will show you how to make jewellery based on your body style and shape! Make big boho chandleier earrings or pretty dainty drops to a glam rock or retro pendant.
Using quality and unqiue Czech glass ebads and delicate brass stampings, dip into the jewellery bar and make something that expresses you!
- Knowing what you like & what pieces suits your body shape is the key to pulling your look together & feeling great! Etelage jewellery gives you the perfect tools to style your own fashion canvas.
- Discover which earring styles suit the shape of your face & how to choose the correct length necklace for your body type.
- Learn a basic jewellery technique of linking beads to create earrings & pendant necklaces.
- Make 2 pieces of jewellery: earrings & beaded chain pendant necklace
- Instructional jewellery technique flyer for future reference
- Discount coupon for future beading supplies from Etelage
- A ruler & measurements for jewellery design
- Instructions on how to find style inspiration in the virtual world
- Instructions on how to organise your style inspiration in the virtual world
- Style kit handout for future styling reference
- Note Pad
- Tablet or Mobile Phone
Vendor sincce 2016
Etelage, established in 2002, is a jewellery design studio in Sydney which offers classes in jewelllery making for individuals as well as for hens parties, corporate and .community groups.
Christine Smalley, founder of Etelage started her jewellery design journey when she was 8. The 70s was the beginning of her creative exploration. "I remember always making" stuff", but it is jewellery "small sculptures" that have captured my heart and my hands! Since that time I have inherited, collected and fossicked a vast amount of exotic, tribal and highly collectable beads and embellishments which I have used to create notably unique, beautiful and meticulously made jewellery but also over the last 15 years been a passionate jewellery teacher.
Christine creates a teaching environment where participants can share ideas, be inspired and let their imaginations run wild! With over 14 years teaching experience, Christine is dedicated to empowering her students to become better designers and better makers, equipping them with skills and confidence to create whatever her students dream!
She has designed for galleries such as National Gallery Australia (ACT), contributed to film incl The Great Gatsby and has produced 2 DVDs in jewellery making, distributed nationally through Lincraft, Target and maybe even your local library.
Observing that generally as a society we are becoming more mindful about our choices: conscious of choosing products which are made using artisan traditions and not mass produced, and seeking quality over quantity, it is with that philosophy she shares her skills and knowledge of jewellery design to encourage all her students to awaken their creative soul and seek beauty, slow, artisan and local.
So if it feels like all work and no play, Etelage offers a flexible and varied program from beginner jewellery workshops and master classes to regular monday beading meetups. Make some jewellery that will impress you as well as your friends. Pick a class that suits you, gather your girlfriends and give yourself a creative fix now. YESSS!
Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds if you change your mind or don't turn up. You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place! Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds if you can’t attend a class for any reason.
- You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place!. Refunds are not available due to our intimate class sizes.
- Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- All class handouts, materials & projects are original Etelage ideas and subject to copyright.