Find working with colour over whelming? Don't know where to start? Use the same colour combinations?
Then this class is for you!
Jewellery designer, stylist and educator Christine Smalley will take you through two sessions in the evening:
PART 1: Start the session on colour.Through practical exercises including using colour swatches create different & unexpected combinations in your exploration of colour relationships.Learn how to:
- develop a "colour" eye
- gleen colour inspiration from every day life combine colours not match colours use colour in all your creative persuits including your home & fashion
- use online tools to help you with colour exploration and
- create your own virtual inspiration board.
PART 2: Make some jewellery!
Based on the colour themes you put together make a pair of earrings & pendant necklace Participants will have free reign to create and execute a design/s combining the new skills learnt under the guidance of tutor Christine Smalley Skill Level: NO experience in jewellery making necessary
Using quality and unqiue Czech glass ebads and delicate brass stampings, dip into the jewellery bar and make something that expresses you!
- Learn a basic jewellery technique of linking beads to create earrings & pendant necklaces.
- Learn the art of colour through practical exercises.
- Learn the science of colour.
- Make 2 pieces of jewellery: earrings & beaded chain pendant necklace
- Instructional jewellery technique flyer for future reference
- Discount coupon for future beading supplies from Etelage
- A ruler & measurements for jewellery design
- Instructions on how to find colour inspiration in the virtual world
- Instructions on how to organise your colour inspiration in the virtual world
- Style kit handout for future colour reference
- Note Pad
- Tablet or Mobile Phone
Vendor sincce 2016
Etelage, established in 2002, is a jewellery design studio in Sydney which offers classes in jewelllery making for individuals as well as for hens parties, corporate and .community groups.
Christine Smalley, founder of Etelage started her jewellery design journey when she was 8. The 70s was the beginning of her creative exploration. "I remember always making" stuff", but it is jewellery "small sculptures" that have captured my heart and my hands! Since that time I have inherited, collected and fossicked a vast amount of exotic, tribal and highly collectable beads and embellishments which I have used to create notably unique, beautiful and meticulously made jewellery but also over the last 15 years been a passionate jewellery teacher.
Christine creates a teaching environment where participants can share ideas, be inspired and let their imaginations run wild! With over 14 years teaching experience, Christine is dedicated to empowering her students to become better designers and better makers, equipping them with skills and confidence to create whatever her students dream!
She has designed for galleries such as National Gallery Australia (ACT), contributed to film incl The Great Gatsby and has produced 2 DVDs in jewellery making, distributed nationally through Lincraft, Target and maybe even your local library.
Observing that generally as a society we are becoming more mindful about our choices: conscious of choosing products which are made using artisan traditions and not mass produced, and seeking quality over quantity, it is with that philosophy she shares her skills and knowledge of jewellery design to encourage all her students to awaken their creative soul and seek beauty, slow, artisan and local.
So if it feels like all work and no play, Etelage offers a flexible and varied program from beginner jewellery workshops and master classes to regular monday beading meetups. Make some jewellery that will impress you as well as your friends. Pick a class that suits you, gather your girlfriends and give yourself a creative fix now. YESSS!
Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds if you change your mind or don't turn up. You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place! Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds if you can’t attend a class for any reason.
- You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place!. Refunds are not available due to our intimate class sizes.
- Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- All class handouts, materials & projects are original Etelage ideas and subject to copyright.