Who doesn't have a stash of unworn & broken jewellery in their bottom drawer?
It is time to transform your broken inherited and pre loved jewels to create wearable jewellery or simply just make a one off statement piece!
Bring your own broken treasures, beads etc & create something wearable.
- convert clip on earrings to pierced or vice versa
- restring a broken strand of beads (or some collected ones) on a strong flex stainless steel wire
- glue loose or missing diamantes, brooch bars etc
- add an extension chain for extra length in a short choker
- change ear fittings to sterling silver or surgical steel if you have sensitive ears
As seen in Better Homes & Garden Magazine. Op shop necklaces re purposed by the team at Etelage!
WHAT YOU MAKE
- Whatever you bring with you on the day you can repair or be given advice on how to repair it at home.
ABOUT YOUR JEWELLERY TUTOR:
Christine Smalley is the Founder & Creative Director of Etelage. Her signature designs are bold beaded necklaces & intricately detailed earrings. She enjoys sharing her knowledge of jewellery design in jewellery workshops & travels the globe to source beautiful artisan components. Christine draws inspiration from the modern deco 1920s style, 1960s jet set glamour & some 1970s boho chic all of which governs her artistic expression.
- Learn how to make simple repairs to jewellery, Loads of finishing touches and professional tips, & Learn how to string beads on wire and finish off with a clasp
- Learn how to convert clipons to studs, & Learn how to make a necklace or bracelet longer
- Learn how to glue stones & Learn how to link charms & chain
- Expert tuition from an expert coach
- Materials not included
- Allow approx $10 for stringing supplies etc
- Bring your own broken treasures, beads etc & create something wearable.
- Empty your jewellery box and bring along ALL your broken jewellery or things you want to recreate to make wearable again!
- Reading glasses if you wear them
No experience in jewellery making required.
Vendor since 2016
Etelage, established in 2002, is a jewellery design studio in Sydney which offers classes in jewelllery making for individuals as well as for hens parties, corporate and .community groups.
Christine Smalley, founder of Etelage started her jewellery design journey when she was 8. The 70s was the beginning of her creative exploration. "I remember always making" stuff", but it is jewellery "small sculptures" that have captured my heart and my hands! Since that time I have inherited, collected and fossicked a vast amount of exotic, tribal and highly collectable beads and embellishments which I have used to create notably unique, beautiful and meticulously made jewellery but also over the last 15 years been a passionate jewellery teacher.
Christine creates a teaching environment where participants can share ideas, be inspired and let their imaginations run wild! With over 14 years teaching experience, Christine is dedicated to empowering her students to become better designers and better makers, equipping them with skills and confidence to create whatever her students dream!
She has designed for galleries such as National Gallery Australia (ACT), contributed to film incl The Great Gatsby and has produced 2 DVDs in jewellery making, distributed nationally through Lincraft, Target and maybe even your local library.
Observing that generally as a society we are becoming more mindful about our choices: conscious of choosing products which are made using artisan traditions and not mass produced, and seeking quality over quantity, it is with that philosophy she shares her skills and knowledge of jewellery design to encourage all her students to awaken their creative soul and seek beauty, slow, artisan and local.
So if it feels like all work and no play, Etelage offers a flexible and varied program from beginner jewellery workshops and master classes to regular monday beading meetups. Make some jewellery that will impress you as well as your friends. Pick a class that suits you, gather your girlfriends and give yourself a creative fix now. YESSS!
Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds if you change your mind or don't turn up. You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place! Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds if you can’t attend a class for any reason.
- You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place!. Refunds are not available due to our intimate class sizes.
- Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- All class handouts, materials & projects are original Etelage ideas and subject to copyright.