Learn the basics bookbinding styles from the ancient scroll to the modern art house methods.
You will also learn the basics in printing.
Skill level: To be able to take instruction, work with sharp implements and when required work on your own.
This is a one to one workshop to increase maximium outcomes.
This is one to one workshop to give you the attention you need to create your hand made book. It is a fun and enriching experience. Go on create your first publication. :)
- Basics bookbinding styles from the ancient scroll to the modern art house methods.
- Learn the basics in printing.
- Work with sharp implements and when required work on your own.
- Explore and enhance your creativity!
- You will walk out with your very own handmade book of your choice
- Your interest to learn!
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Emerging artists and students
Vendor sincce 2015
1999 – 2011 (12 years)Merlynston, Coburg, Melbourne Australia 3058
Fern Smith exhibiting artist since 1984 & trader of FernArtz circa1999
• Designer - Develops, designs and produces logo's, posters, banners, publication covers & websites
• Community Art projects - Fern will assist your community in designing developing and producing art projects as art is a powerful language
• Art tutor - Facilitates art practice through; art classes, workshops and projects across art media
• Corporate art workshops 'the art of gifting' to suit your business, company groups or personal use
• Artworks for sale
• Artist family: Joy Hester, Gray Smith, Peregrine Smith and my self Fern Smith
Fern Smith the person behind FernArtz
Who is Fern Smith? I am an artist with thirty years of exhibiting and art facilitation experience. Creating art many decades I consider I have passion to tell stories through drawing, painting and printing.
Why does an artist hold workshops? I like sharing my passion, knowledge and skills I have learnt along the way, to as many people as possible. I hold a strong belief we can all imagine and we can all manifest our imaginings in creative ways.