Learn The Ancient Art Of Basket Weaving
Ruth Woods of Craft School Oz, has learnt the ancient art of weaving visiting South East Asia, spending time on a floating village working with the water hyacinth plant, living in Arnhem Land and working with the Yolngu people. She draws inspiration from working with plant fibres, recycled fabrics, wool, denim, silk and paper.
What you'll make:
You will create a coiled basket using recycled materials such as denim, raffia, silk and wool.
Duration: 5 Hours
- How to construct a basket using the coiling method
- How to incorporate a variety of materials into your work
- How to add different colours
- A goodies bag including needle and thread and all materials required
- A delicious lunch and refreshments all day
- Tuition by Ruth Woods of Craft School Oz
- Your enthusiasm!
This workshop is suitable for beginners! No experience is necessary
Vendor sincce 2016
Join us to be inspired, uplifted, relaxed and indulged! At Hazelgrove's Workshops and Events, you will learn new skills and make new friends all in the comfort of two warm and welcoming properties located in Melbourne & regional Victoria...
Our workshops enable founder and creative director ~ Mandy Willson ~ to share her passions for entertaining, home styling and learning in inspiring and beautiful surrounds...