Expanding on your existing graphics skills, learn how to create perspective drawings - i.e. drawings with the illusion of a 3D appearance. We will use both hand-based and computer based techniques to draw things such as buildings (houses, units) and other 3D objects.
In-Depth Course Plan:
- Review of Orthographic Projection
- Single Point Perspective (i.e. Parallel Perspective)
- Multiple Point Perspective
- Final task - drawing a house or unit using two point perspective.
Desired / prerequisite skills: Participants should have either taken the course 'Introduction to Engineering Graphics and Drafting (3rd & 4th April) OR be familiar with the basics of orthographic projection. Some strong math skills will also be helpful.
Duration: 2 Hours
- Create an illusion through 3D drawings
- Learn hand-based and computer-based techniques
- Draw buildings and more in 3D
- All materials and tools are provided.
- We have a lounge area and coffee machine for non-participants to use.
- An overall, fun learning experience
- You don't need to bring anything, however you may bring your own laptop with 2D CAD package installed (for example: LibreCAD or AutoCAD).
- Desired / prerequisite skills: Participants should have either taken the course 'Introduction to Engineering Graphics and Drafting OR be familiar with the basics of orthographic projection.
You must wear enclosed footwear.
Teens and adults. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Cancellation Policy: As we purchase materials based on the number of attendees for each workshop we are unable to refund tickets. We do welcome you to pass your ticket to a friend to come in your place. Please email us if you do wish to change the name on the ticket. In the event that the class is cancelled by Hobbymedo, fees will be refunded or alternative dates offered.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
If you wish to use public transport to get to this event, please visit Translink. Off-street customer car parking is available at 75 Redland Bay Road - just follow the driveway around the back of the Baby Bunting store.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email: email@example.com / Phone: 07 3161 1485 / Visit: www.hobbymedo.com.au / Message us on Facebook
Will this class be offered at other times?
Further classes will be scheduled depending on demand. You are welcome to email us with your preferred days and times for workshops. We also welcome requests for particular workshops.
What is Hobbymedo?
Hobbymedo is a hobby activity centre located at Capalaba on Brisbane's southside. It is an air conditioned centre with tools, equipment and facilities catering for arts, crafts, sewing, graphic design, 3D printing, woodworking, leatherwork, wirework and much more. Details of our facilities and events can be found on our webpage at www.hobbymedo.com.au