This is a beginner patchwork class where you will learn two simple styles of patchworking. You will produce two patchwork pieces that are approximately 35cm square and 40 square cm in this class - you can bring these to subsequent optional quilting or cushion making classes if you would like to develop your work further or add some more skills to your repertoire. The materials needed for these classes are listed below for your convenience. This gives you the option to custom your quilting piece to make the perfect accessory for your home, or the perfect gift for friends or family. If you have no fabric or colour preference and wish to have all materials provided for you, you will need to add the ‘Fabrics pack’ option to your booking. Participants are welcome to bring their own sewing machine or use one of ours.
Materials you need to bring:
Patchwork class –
- Minimum of 25cm length of each of two fabrics that will contrast or compliment each other. The fabrics can be patterned or plain, but will work best if one is light and the other dark. Buying good quality fabrics (check the quilting range in your local fabric store) will mean a longer lasting, more durable piece of work and will be easier to work with.
Quilting and cushion making classes –
- A minimum 45cm length of matching fabric to make the back of the cushion and a minimum 15cm of fabric for making the binding. Please refer to the photo when choosing the backing and binding and note that these can be more of the two patchworking fabrics you have already used or they can be something different depending on the look you want to achieve.
- 6 large buttons that are approx. 15 to 20mm across (only required for cushion making class)
Duration: 3 Hours
- Two simple styles of patchworking
- How to cut fabric for patchwork
- Basic sewing machine skills and sewing know how
- Tuition in two styles of patchworking
- Two pieces of your own patchwork to take home with you.
- Refer to class description
Casual, you MUST WEAR ENCLOSED FOOTWEAR
Teens and adults
Cancellation Policy: As we purchase materials based on the number of attendees for each workshop we are unable to refund tickets. We do welcome you to pass your ticket to a friend to come in your place. Please email us if you do wish to change the name on the ticket. In the event that the class is cancelled by Hobbymedo, fees will be refunded or alternative dates offered.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
If you wish to use public transport to get to this event, please visit Translink. Off-street customer car parking is available at 75 Redland Bay Road - just follow the driveway around the back of the Baby Bunting store.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 07 3161 1485 / Visit: www.hobbymedo.com.au / Message us on Facebook
Will this class be offered at other times?
Further classes will be scheduled depending on demand. You are welcome to email us with your preferred days and times for workshops. We also welcome requests for particular workshops.
What is Hobbymedo?
Hobbymedo is a hobby activity centre located at Capalaba on Brisbane's southside. It is an air conditioned centre with tools, equipment and facilities catering for arts, crafts, sewing, graphic design, 3D printing, woodworking, leatherwork, wirework and much more. Details of our facilities and events can be found on our webpage at www.hobbymedo.com.au