This is a beginner quilting class where you will learn basic quilting and how to bind the edge of a piece of work. Participants in our earlier patchwork class may bring along their patchwork pieces for quilting and binding of one or both pieces.
You may like to quilt one piece and make the other into a cushion in our subsequent cushion making class to gain a broader skill base – if you are intending to progress to the cushion making class then please be aware that you will not bind your work in this second class, it is the final step in completing the Envelope Cushion Cover.
New class participants will get to make a practical fabric trivet using the materials provided or you may choose to bring your own fabric if you prefer.
Participants are welcome to bring their own sewing machine or use one of ours.
Materials you need to bring: Patchwork class participants:
- One or both of your patchwork pieces for quilting
- A minimum 45cm length of matching fabric to make the backing and a minimum 15cm of binding fabric to make the binding. Please refer to the photo when choosing the backing and binding and note that these can be more of the two patchworking fabrics you have already used or they can be something different depending on the look you want to achieve.
Fabric trivet participants:
- Fabric for the top needs to be a minimum of 41 x 31cm
- Fabric for the bottom needs to be a minimum of 33 x 23 cm
- If you have no fabric preference, you may choose add the ‘Fabric pack’ option to your booking and all materials will be provided for you.
Duration: 2 Hours
- Basic quilting techniques
- Edge binding
- How to use a sewing machine, overlocker and quilting foot
- Patchwork class participants will get to quilt one or both of their patchwork pieces made in an earlier class.
- New class participants will get to make their own quilted fabric trivet.
- Refer to class description
Casual, you MUST WEAR ENCLOSED FOOTWEAR
Teens and adults
Vendor sincce 2017
Hobbymedo is a hobby activity centre located at Capalaba on Brisbane's southside. It is an air conditioned centre with tools, equipment and facilities catering for arts, crafts, sewing, graphic design, 3D printing, woodworking, leatherwork, wirework and much more.
Cancellation Policy: As we purchase materials based on the number of attendees for each workshop we are unable to refund tickets. We do welcome you to pass your ticket to a friend to come in your place. Please email us if you do wish to change the name on the ticket. In the event that the class is cancelled by Hobbymedo, fees will be refunded or alternative dates offered.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
If you wish to use public transport to get to this event, please visit Translink. Off-street customer car parking is available at 75 Redland Bay Road - just follow the driveway around the back of the Baby Bunting store.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 07 3161 1485 / Visit: www.hobbymedo.com.au / Message us on Facebook
Will this class be offered at other times?
Further classes will be scheduled depending on demand. You are welcome to email us with your preferred days and times for workshops. We also welcome requests for particular workshops.
What is Hobbymedo?
Hobbymedo is a hobby activity centre located at Capalaba on Brisbane's southside. It is an air conditioned centre with tools, equipment and facilities catering for arts, crafts, sewing, graphic design, 3D printing, woodworking, leatherwork, wirework and much more. Details of our facilities and events can be found on our webpage at www.hobbymedo.com.au