This cushion making class teaches simple sewing techniques, how to sew a button hole with a sewing machine and to hand sew buttons onto your work. Participants in our earlier patchwork class may bring along their patchwork piece/s for making into a cushion cover. New class participants will get to make a cushion cover using the materials provided or you may choose to bring your own fabric if you prefer.
Participants are welcome to bring their own sewing machine or use one of ours.
Materials you need to bring:
Patchwork class participants:
- One or both of your patchwork pieces
- A minimum 45cm length of matching fabric to make the backing and a minimum 15cm of binding fabric to make the binding. Please refer to the photo when choosing the backing and binding and note that these can be more of the two patchworking fabrics you have already used or they can be something different depending on the look you want to achieve.
- 3 large buttons that are approx. 15 to 20mm across for each cushion.
All materials are provided, however you are welcome to bring your own fabric if you prefer.
Duration: 2 Hours
- How to use a sewing machine and the button hole foot
- Use of interfacing, buttons and binding
- How to bind the edge using your hand made binding
- Patchwork class participants will get to make one or both of their patchwork pieces into a cushion cover.
- Everyone else will get to make their own washable cushion cover.
- Refer to class description
Casual, you MUST WEAR ENCLOSED FOOTWEAR
Teens and adults
Cancellation Policy: As we purchase materials based on the number of attendees for each workshop we are unable to refund tickets. We do welcome you to pass your ticket to a friend to come in your place. Please email us if you do wish to change the name on the ticket. In the event that the class is cancelled by Hobbymedo, fees will be refunded or alternative dates offered.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
If you wish to use public transport to get to this event, please visit Translink. Off-street customer car parking is available at 75 Redland Bay Road - just follow the driveway around the back of the Baby Bunting store.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email: email@example.com / Phone: 07 3161 1485 / Visit: www.hobbymedo.com.au / Message us on Facebook
Will this class be offered at other times?
Further classes will be scheduled depending on demand. You are welcome to email us with your preferred days and times for workshops. We also welcome requests for particular workshops.
What is Hobbymedo?
Hobbymedo is a hobby activity centre located at Capalaba on Brisbane's southside. It is an air conditioned centre with tools, equipment and facilities catering for arts, crafts, sewing, graphic design, 3D printing, woodworking, leatherwork, wirework and much more. Details of our facilities and events can be found on our webpage at www.hobbymedo.com.au