The aim of these tastes of Art Play is to introduce you to the idea of giving yourself permission and time to play and expand your creativity.
These classes have come from ideas Robyn developed for the Art Play Course. They are suitable as one day stand alone classes and give you a taste without the depth that comes from regular commitment and coming to know your teacher and fellow students. Even so, you will need to take a small leap of faith and be prepared to play, as you enter this world where there will be random acts of creativity, and you’ll be the one making them.
Immerse yourself in the colours that you are drawn to, through a series of art play and ideas – you will use a variety of colouring media, collage and words to develop a resource that could become the beginning of a colour journal.
Requirements: Most materials are included. To get the most from this class gather and bring the following-
- Choose a colour to explore from the rainbow spectrum – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet
- Using this colour collect magazine cuttings, bits of paper, fabric scraps, product labels or other ephemera – look for small pieces with a variety of textures
- Clear A4 plastic pocket – to store the colour collection, if it’s full this will be enough
- Collect 10 small items in this colour from home (they will not be used in art making)
- Your journal (or get one)
- A writing implement, a black fine-liner, a drawing pencil
Tutor: Robyn Steel-Stickland (aka "Mrs Opendrawer") is our joint founder, and the warm beating heart of our arty crafty makery goodness. An experienced art tutor, and the author of Felt: Irresistably Beautiful Projects, Robyn has a particular gift for teaching techniques which encourage you to explore and expand your creative horizons.
Sunday 23 October, 2016, 10am - 4pm.
- Kick start your creativity in this one day 'taster' class.
- Explore the colour/s you are most drawn to.
- Explore exercises using colouring media, collage & words.
- You will take home two or more mixed media pieces you crafted in class, these could become the beginning of a colour journal.
- Please see the list of materials in the class description. This list will be emailed to you on registration.
Comfortable clothes for crafting & possibly messy play.
Adults 15 years and older who want to uncover or explore their creativity.
Vendor sincce 2015
Be enticed by the colour and texture of Opendrawer. Founded by Robyn Steel-Stickland (& co.) in 2010, we've been described as edgy, arty, elegant, unique and quirky. Part gallery shop for handmade artist product from all around Australia. Part vintage and textile art supply wonderland. Part workshop for people of all skill levels. All creativity hub.
At Opendrawer, you'll learn skills, techniques and ideas that encourage you to find your own creativity.
You can enrol in courses or workshops in felt, creativity, sewing, embroidery, book making, crochet, dyeing, drawing, jewellery making, paper sculpture, art & design, mixed media, and more.
We're open to expressions of interest, so let us know if there's something you want to learn.
If for any reason you decide that the workshop you have done or are doing does not suit you, then that is a personal decision and no refund will be given.
If Opendrawer cancels a workshop, you will be given a full refunds or can choose a replacement workshop to the same value as the workshop being cancelled. You will be notified at least 2 days before the due date of the workshop if cancellation is necessary due to insufficient enrolments.
A $10 admin fee applies to all changes of date/workshop bookings.
Cancellations made within two weeks of the booked workshop will forfeit 50% of the advertised fee - or you may find a replacement student.
Cancellations made within 24 hours of the workshop will forfeit the full advertised fee - or you may find a replacement student.
If for any reason you decide that the workshop you have done or are doing does not suit your, then that is a personal decision and no refund will be given.
A minimum of five people are required for a workshop to run. Opendrawer reserves the right to cancel a workshop if the minimum booking is not achieved. Full refunds will be given or a replacement workshop offered to the same value as the workshop being cancelled. You will be notified at least 2 days before the due date of the workshop if cancellation is deemed necessary.Unfortunately, due to the workshop timetable no makeup classes are avaiable.