Learn the art of fashion illustration with Brisbane fashion illustrator, Penelope Bell. Aimed at beginners and upwards, this intensive 3 hour workshop will teach you the basics in fashion figure proportion and pose. You will learn how to capture movement, depth and form in your illustrations through a demonstration of different rendering techniques and mediums.
About your host: Penelope Bell
Penelope Bell is a Brisbane based fashion illustrator. With over ten years experience working in the fashion industry in design, illustration, visual merchandising, public relations and marketing, she has a unique and impressive skill set. Penelope has illustrated guest workshops for the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA), The Museum of Brisbane, Old Government House and the University of Southern Queensland. She was an Artist in Residence at the opening of Pacific Fair's new shopping centre, delivered a "Pop - Up" artist's studio in Brisbane's QueensPlaza and has recently been engaged by MAX MARA.
Penelope studied fashion design at MSIT and is an Alumni of the Brisbane City Council having been selected as a recipient of the Lord Mayor' s Young and Emerging Artist's Fellowship in 2010. Penelope's workshops are thorough, engaging and friendly. The aim of her classes is to learn, be inspired, have fun and to try something new, with light refreshments and nibbles provided. She says, "You will love it"!
- An intensive fashion illustration course for beginners and upwards.
- Participants will learn the basics on fashion figure proportion and pose, and how to illustrate this look onto paper!
- Rendering techniques will be covered using markers and pencils to achieve movement, depth and energy. Amazing results will be achieved!
- Fashion figure templates to take home
- Their very own, original fashion illustration/s
- Notes from the class
- The workshop includes most materials (participants will be required to bring a small list of materials with them which will be emailed to them upon booking)
- Professional tuition from a fashion illustrator
- Light refreshments and a delicious 'nibbles' platter
- HB & 2B pencil, eraser, pencil sharpener, coloured pencils (Faber Castell 12 pack is preferred brand), 0.1 0.5 black ink pens
A wonderful outfit that inspires your fashion style
anyone keen to hone their illustration skills, with a penchant for fashion
Vendor since 2017
Workshops will be hosted in our Level One Pop-Up space 'Botanica QueensPlaza' #botanicaqueensplaza
QueensPlaza is a three level City Centre located in the heart of the Brisbane CBD. It is anchored by David Jones and Coles Central and includes more than 65 speciality stores. The centre features luxury retailers, including Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Salvatore Ferragamo, Burberry, Bvlgari, Paspaley Pearls and Tiffany & Co.