Techniques taught will include choosing our leather, cutting and constructing leather flowers and attaching them to a headband to give your crown a professional finish.
About your host: Meg Rafter
Meg’s background in Millinery was developed through advanced college training, master classes and tutoring by Australian and International Master Milliners.
Using innovative techniques, she uses her personal interpretation to develop contemporary millinery creations. Meg’s work reflects the passion she feels for beautiful fabrics, particularly fine lustrous silks of exceptional colours. She is especially drawn to the timeless elegance of the classic fashion houses and the glamour of the golden Hollywood era.
Her bespoke headwear are individual designs and provide a rich embellishment to an outfit to portray the wearer’s personality. Enriching the structures with jewels, lace, feathers, handmade flowers and bows or mysterious veiling adds to the drama of the piece and makes each one unique.
Meg also loves producing her range of fashionable headwear such as fur felt and panama hats, leather headbands and turbans; beautiful headwear that can be worn every day.
Meg’s hats have been worn by Zara Phillips MBE and she is currently listed on the Royal Hats Blog list of Royal Milliners. Her hats have been stocked at Biffi in the Emporium in Brisbane but are now available exclusively at the Millinery POP UP shop in Queensplaza, Brisbane. They have appeared in national publications.
Duration: 2-2.5 hours
- Leather Flower Crowns are the ultimate fashion and racing accessory.
- In this workshop you will be stepped through the process of creating your very own leather flower crown.
- Participants will take home their very own leather flower crown to keep.
- Includes all materials (leather, headband and bind) and workshop notes
- Professional tuiton from Brisbane's best milliners
- Make a tri-coloured crown in autumn/ winter tones of bronze, black and gold
- Please BYO sewing scissors and round nose pliers.
Vendor sincce 2017
Workshops will be hosted in our Level One Pop-Up space 'Botanica QueensPlaza' #botanicaqueensplaza
QueensPlaza is a three level City Centre located in the heart of the Brisbane CBD. It is anchored by David Jones and Coles Central and includes more than 65 speciality stores. The centre features luxury retailers, including Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Salvatore Ferragamo, Burberry, Bvlgari, Paspaley Pearls and Tiffany & Co.