What You Will Learn
- Participants learn how to beatbox by making a range of vocal sounds
- Participants learn creating different rhythms.
- Participants will have the foundation to create their own beatbox beats.
What You Get
- Loop Pedals
During the workshop, participants will learn how to beatbox by making a range of vocal sounds, and creating different rhythms. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will have the foundation to create their own beatbox beats.
- Participants will introduce themselves
- Tutor will explain the origin and history of beatboxing
- Demo of beatboxing
- Breathing exercises
- Basic percussive sounds taught Eg. Boots and Cats
- Rhythm sequences introduced and applied
- Mic technique introduced
- Loop pedal segment – start with basic beat then pass the mic around the circle
- Participants will be split up in to groups of 3 or 4 and come up with a short beatbox routine
- Groups perform routines
- Jam session at the end
- Conclusion Q & A
ABOUT LC BEATS
After attending a beatbox workshop at the age of 15 with Hip Hop artist Morganics, he went on to perform regularly during Youth week in Sydney. Some of his performance achievements include: Redbull X Fighters World Final at Cockatoo Island Sydney, State of Origin Rugby League game at Olympic Park & Sydney Festival opening night at Hyde Park. Recently, he was invited to perform at the Melbourne Didgeridoo and Culture Festival.