Cross stitch ain't dead! Learn one of the oldest forms of embroidery in this kick-ass workshop with Tillie & Greg from Gimme Stitches. Fear not, this is not your standard approach to the classic craft.
In the workshop you will be guided through the whole journey, starting with the creating your own portrait design, including your furry friends, learning different techniques for the stitches and of course, stitching your own totally radical cross stitch portrait! Of course in between all that there will be time for chats, insider tips on the craft and of course, a whole bunch of laughs.
Trust us, not only is stitching super therapeutic, getting away from the laptop and phone screens and the hustle and bustle of life, it’s also the perfect craft to be able to gift to your loved ones or just make your own house that little bit more… retro? Either way… your nana would be proud!
- Create your own totally radical cross stitch portrait!
- Everything you need to complete your very own stitch portrait. This includes your very own starter kit: Cloth, Floss, Needles, and a hoop! You will also get a design and info booklet, a safe space to chat about all things creative, and a snack pack to keep you going! Gimme Stitches will also have additional starter kits for purchase on the day, as well as extra bits and pieces if you would like to ‘super-size’ your kit! (Additional cloth, floss, and embroidery scissors available)
- Inspiration for your portrait (A few photos always helps!) And just yourself, an open mind and fingers that are ready to stitch!
Vendor sincce 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Northern Rivers, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. The tickets are fully transferable. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)