One of the most enjoyable pastimes, especially when on holidays is to be able to record, either by pen, watercolour, or pencil, little moments in time from each day of your holiday.
It could be as simple as a pretty coffee cup, a colourful doorway, window box, small tree, a figure and even a building.
Di will show you how to
1. find a subject within a subject using your own photographs
2. how to take photos of subjects suitable for painting (on your iPhone or iPad)
3. how to simplify drawing techniques when drawing parts of buildings buildings
4. how to see and simply draw plain air when you are travelling.-landscapes
ABOUT DIANNE KELLY
Dianne Kelly is a Brisbane born-and-based professional watercolour artist. Di was originally trained in commercial/fine art, working in advertising before pursuing her absolute love and sharing her passion of water colour painting. Di is still teaching 32 years later and has now fulfilled her dream of writing her first book, The art of Watering Colour. Over the years, Di has had several of her paintings published as limited edition prints, as well as producing several ranges of gift cards featuring watercolour images from her overseas travels. Di’s works hang in collections around Australia and overseas and are currently being incorporated into her new range of fabrics and wallpapers
- find a subject within a subject using your own photographs
- how to take photos of subjects suitable for painting (on your iPhone or iPad)
- how to simplify drawing techniques when drawing parts of buildings buildings + how to see and simply draw plain air when you are travelling.-landscapes
- SMALL DIARY FOR YOU TO ILLUSTRATE (TO KEEP!) FINE BLACK FELT TIP (WATERPROOF) PEN (TO KEEP!)
- WATERCOLOUR PENCILS/PENS LEAD PENCILS TRACING PAPERS DRAWING PAPER
- IPHONE OR IPAD WITH HOLIDAY SNAPS OF BUILDINGS, LANDSCAPES, ETC
- ANY OF YOUR OWN ART EQUIPMENT YOU WISH TO USE DURING THE CLASS
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email email@example.com to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.