This group of four classes is for absolute beginners to learn basic crochet stitches and their application to a pattern. These classes are fun and social over a cup of coffee and there will be lots of opportunities to ask questions and explore particular areas of interest.
Session 1 - Granny Square stitches
In the first session, you will learn how to hold the hook and yarn for good tension and learn how to chain, slip stitch and treble stitch. There will be time to practice and become familiar with these stitches in preparation for using them to create a Granny Square.
Session 2 - Granny Square Pattern
In the second session, you will bring all the learned stitches together and apply them to a pattern to create your first granny square. We will also look at how to join square to create a blanket.
Session 3 - Variety of stitches
In the third session, you will discover the stitch variations and how they can be used in the round or on the straight.
Session 4 - Increasing, decreasing and the Chevron Pattern
Learn to use increase and decrease stitches to form a patter.
All materials are provided. I will have a collection of hooks and colour yarns for you to work with. All handouts are yours to keep.
Hooks and wool are also available for purchase if you would like to continue with your newly mastered skill after the class.
- Understanding basic pattern diagrams
- Learn how to create a traditional crochet square
- Learn different crochet techniques such as chain stitch, slip stitch, treble stitch and joining colours
- Crochet samples and completed granny square
- Printed instructions
- Fun and social atmosphere
- Barista coffee and Loose leaf tea
- Just your enthusiasm!
Vendor since 2017
Are you looking for a fun, social, relaxed way to learn a new skill? Are you resisting the idea that beautiful skilled handcrafts may disappear within a generation?
A Good Place To Start provides workshops with the time, space, materials and instruction to allow you to indulge your creativity while sharing good food and conversation with kindred spirits.
- Bookings are non-refundable. You may transfer your booking to a second party if you are unable to attend. Please inform A good place to start of the transfer via email
- Transfer can be requested to another date for the same workshop with 48 hours’ notice if available.
- In the rare event that a workshop is cancelled by A good place to start, the participant can choose a full reimbursement to be provided within 3 days of the cancellation or the opportunity to transfer to a new date within 12 months of the cancellation.
A good place to start Workshop Terms and conditions
Registering for a workshop with A good place to start indicates your agreement with the terms and conditions set out below.
- Payment can be accepted via this booking portal. Workshop places are limited so we encourage early booking to avoid disappointment.
- A good place to start may photograph or film parts of the event for promotional purposes. If you do not consent to your image being shared please express in writing to A good place to start prior to the event. Participants are encouraged to share photos of the event on social media and tag @agoodplaceto_start #agoodplacetostart
- All A good place to start workshop content including, but not limited to - worksheets, resources, materials, methodology, techniques and systems are intellectual property and all rights are reserved. Participants shall not use or distribute A good place to start’s Intellectual Property for anything other than personal use.
- The Participant agrees that attending a Workshop does not qualify the Participant to carry out any form of training using methods taught.
- The Participant shall not use AGPTS’s Intellectual Property for commercial gain or for any purpose other than for which it was provided.
- The participant acknowledges and agrees that A good place to start is not responsible for, and will not be held liable for, theft or damage to the participant’s personal property at the venue prior to, during or after the workshop.
In the event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of the date of receipt of your booking confirmation.