Kokedama (苔玉, in English, literally "moss ball")
Learn to make your own version of this popular Japanese gardening technique.
Everything is provided – including table coverings, this activity resembles making mud pies at times so don’t wear your best clothes!
- How to make your own kokedama
- What materials to use and how to assemble them
- Two complete small/medium kokedama to take home
- You can leave all the mess behind!
- Everything is provided. If you have a particular plant that you would like to bring along you are welcome to.
This class is messy so wear old clothes and leave the costume jewellery rings at home!
People who want to walk away with a finished product leaving the mess behind!
Vendor since 2017
Are you looking for a fun, social, relaxed way to learn a new skill? Are you resisting the idea that beautiful skilled handcrafts may disappear within a generation?
A Good Place To Start provides workshops with the time, space, materials and instruction to allow you to indulge your creativity while sharing good food and conversation with kindred spirits.
- Bookings are non-refundable. You may transfer your booking to a second party if you are unable to attend. Please inform A good place to start of the transfer via email
- Transfer can be requested to another date for the same workshop with 48 hours’ notice if available.
- In the rare event that a workshop is cancelled by A good place to start, the participant can choose a full reimbursement to be provided within 3 days of the cancellation or the opportunity to transfer to a new date within 12 months of the cancellation.
A good place to start Workshop Terms and conditions
Registering for a workshop with A good place to start indicates your agreement with the terms and conditions set out below.
- Payment can be accepted via this booking portal. Workshop places are limited so we encourage early booking to avoid disappointment.
- A good place to start may photograph or film parts of the event for promotional purposes. If you do not consent to your image being shared please express in writing to A good place to start prior to the event. Participants are encouraged to share photos of the event on social media and tag @agoodplaceto_start #agoodplacetostart
- All A good place to start workshop content including, but not limited to - worksheets, resources, materials, methodology, techniques and systems are intellectual property and all rights are reserved. Participants shall not use or distribute A good place to start’s Intellectual Property for anything other than personal use.
- The Participant agrees that attending a Workshop does not qualify the Participant to carry out any form of training using methods taught.
- The Participant shall not use AGPTS’s Intellectual Property for commercial gain or for any purpose other than for which it was provided.
- The participant acknowledges and agrees that A good place to start is not responsible for, and will not be held liable for, theft or damage to the participant’s personal property at the venue prior to, during or after the workshop.
In the event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of the date of receipt of your booking confirmation.