Come and join us, we’ve got loads of room to park the pram while you craft, relax and socialise.
All materials are provided to work on a nominated craft project each week (some projects run over a couple of weeks)
Choose from the list below and book the dates that fit around your calendar.
- Customised teacup Friday 11th January
- Closed for School holiday program Friday 18th January
- Aubrey Rachel resin bead necklace Friday 25th January
- Terrarium Friday 1st February
- Valentine’s Day card Friday 8th February
- Rosie bow Friday 15th February
- Pom pom garland Friday 22nd February
- Reusable make up pads Friday 1st March
- Cross stitch bracelet Friday 8th March
- Crochet basket - Small Friday 15th March
- String macramé plant hanger Friday 22nd March
- String macramé plant hanger Friday 29th March
- Intro to tassel making Friday 5th April
- BYO plant kokedama Friday 12th April
- School holidays – no activity Friday 19th April
- School holidays – no activity Friday 26th April
- Cross stitch frame Friday 3rd May
- Dream Catcher Friday 10th May
- Fabric covered hair clips Friday 17th May
- Earrings Friday 24th May
- A variety of classes will be offered
- These sessions are social as well as crafty
- Time and space to relax and meet with other mums
- Support and guidance on craft projects
- All crafting materials provided. Coffee, cake and sandwiches can be purchased in the cafe.
Comfortable and casual
Mums who like to craft
Vendor since 2017
Are you looking for a fun, social, relaxed way to learn a new skill? Are you resisting the idea that beautiful skilled handcrafts may disappear within a generation?
A Good Place To Start provides workshops with the time, space, materials and instruction to allow you to indulge your creativity while sharing good food and conversation with kindred spirits.
- Bookings are non-refundable. You may transfer your booking to a second party if you are unable to attend. Please inform A good place to start of the transfer via email
- Transfer can be requested to another date for the same workshop with 48 hours’ notice if available.
- In the rare event that a workshop is cancelled by A good place to start, the participant can choose a full reimbursement to be provided within 3 days of the cancellation or the opportunity to transfer to a new date within 12 months of the cancellation.
A good place to start Workshop Terms and conditions
Registering for a workshop with A good place to start indicates your agreement with the terms and conditions set out below.
- Payment can be accepted via this booking portal. Workshop places are limited so we encourage early booking to avoid disappointment.
- A good place to start may photograph or film parts of the event for promotional purposes. If you do not consent to your image being shared please express in writing to A good place to start prior to the event. Participants are encouraged to share photos of the event on social media and tag @agoodplaceto_start #agoodplacetostart
- All A good place to start workshop content including, but not limited to - worksheets, resources, materials, methodology, techniques and systems are intellectual property and all rights are reserved. Participants shall not use or distribute A good place to start’s Intellectual Property for anything other than personal use.
- The Participant agrees that attending a Workshop does not qualify the Participant to carry out any form of training using methods taught.
- The Participant shall not use AGPTS’s Intellectual Property for commercial gain or for any purpose other than for which it was provided.
- The participant acknowledges and agrees that A good place to start is not responsible for, and will not be held liable for, theft or damage to the participant’s personal property at the venue prior to, during or after the workshop.
In the event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of the date of receipt of your booking confirmation.