Ever wondered how cheese is made?
Well now is your opportunity to find out just how easy it is!
Let qualified Artisan cheesemaker Charlene Angus help dispel the concept that cheese is difficult to make at home.
You will know exactly what is in your cheese - no preservatives, no additives and no artificial colours.
In this hands-on workshop, you will make your own Fetta, a gourmet style fetta and then finish off the day using the whey to make traditional ricotta cheese.
You will take all three cheeses home with you, with a little homework to finish them off using the new skills and
knowledge gained from just a few hours fun.
Your friends and family will be impressed when they find out that you made it!
- Detailed notes and instructions provided
- Hands on practical workshop
- Take home new skills
- All ingredients supplied
- Their own handmade cheeses to take home
- Light lunch provided
- An apron and a basket or bag to carry your cheeses home.
Casual clothing and an apron
Any age welcome, book with a group of friends or come on your own
Vendor since 2017
Are you looking for a fun, social, relaxed way to learn a new skill? Are you resisting the idea that beautiful skilled handcrafts may disappear within a generation?
A Good Place To Start provides workshops with the time, space, materials and instruction to allow you to indulge your creativity while sharing good food and conversation with kindred spirits.
- Bookings are non-refundable. You may transfer your booking to a second party if you are unable to attend. Please inform A good place to start of the transfer via email
- Transfer can be requested to another date for the same workshop with 48 hours’ notice if available.
- In the rare event that a workshop is cancelled by A good place to start, the participant can choose a full reimbursement to be provided within 3 days of the cancellation or the opportunity to transfer to a new date within 12 months of the cancellation.
A good place to start Workshop Terms and conditions
Registering for a workshop with A good place to start indicates your agreement with the terms and conditions set out below.
- Payment can be accepted via this booking portal. Workshop places are limited so we encourage early booking to avoid disappointment.
- A good place to start may photograph or film parts of the event for promotional purposes. If you do not consent to your image being shared please express in writing to A good place to start prior to the event. Participants are encouraged to share photos of the event on social media and tag @agoodplaceto_start #agoodplacetostart
- All A good place to start workshop content including, but not limited to - worksheets, resources, materials, methodology, techniques and systems are intellectual property and all rights are reserved. Participants shall not use or distribute A good place to start’s Intellectual Property for anything other than personal use.
- The Participant agrees that attending a Workshop does not qualify the Participant to carry out any form of training using methods taught.
- The Participant shall not use AGPTS’s Intellectual Property for commercial gain or for any purpose other than for which it was provided.
- The participant acknowledges and agrees that A good place to start is not responsible for, and will not be held liable for, theft or damage to the participant’s personal property at the venue prior to, during or after the workshop.
In the event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of the date of receipt of your booking confirmation.