SLAP: Second Language Acquisition Program at AIESEC Monash
- Have you ever travelled overseas and felt that due to the language barrier you weren’t truly able to immerse yourself in the culture?
- Have you never travelled overseas, but feel that that’s something you may like to do in the future?
- Or, are you keen on learning Spanish or Mandarin because you simply love languages?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then SLAP is the program for you!
SLAP is an extracurricular second language program that aims to provide students on campus with a unique opportunity to learn either Spanish or Mandarin in a fun and interactive environment at an affordable price.Through SLAP we hope to enrich student life and increase cultural awareness, while providing a quality teaching program. The classes will be small, allowing for a large amount of direct interaction with the teachers, who are passionate about teaching their language and learning about Australian culture. Cultural events and activities will complement these language classes, producing a well-rounded cultural and educational program.
If you're interested in using SLAP as a platform to better your speaking skills so you can travel overseas in summer, check out volunteer programs with AIESEC in some of our Spanish-speaking and Mandarin-speaking country partners:
- China (http://issuu.com/aiesecaustralia/docs/go_volunteer_china.pptx)
- Taiwan (http://issuu.com/aiesecaustralia/docs/go_volunteer_taiwan.pptx)
Visit the AIESEC Monash website for further information: http://www.aiesecmonash.org/
- Learn basic Spanish or Mandarin
- Increase your cultural awareness
- Quality language and cultural education brought to you by native speakers
- Pen and paper
Vendor since 2013
AIESEC is an international, non-for-profit, and non-political organisation run by students and recent graduates of institutions of higher education. Since 1948, AIESEC has been promoting social understanding, entrepreneurship, and youth leadership in the broader community. Now present in over 1,700 universities in 124 countries, AIESEC offers 20,000 leadership positions and delivers more than 470 conferences to its membership of over 100, 000 students annually. AIESEC also runs an exchange program that exchanges 16,000 students and recent graduates each year to live and work abroad.
NEXT: Be The Change has a strict no refund policy upon purchase of tickets.For extreme cases, please contact us via email@example.com and our public relations officer will handle the refund process with you asap.
"Event” means the event which You have bought a Ticket to attend NEXT: Be The Change forum powered by AIESEC Monash
“Promoter” or “Us” for AIESEC Monash means AIESEC; in each case including each respective companies’ subsidiaries, holding companies, any subsidiaries of its holding companies and its agents, contractors, sub-contractors, representatives, servants and employees.
“Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions.
“Venue” means the site at which the Event takes place being as follows: for NEXT: Be The Change it will be in Monash University Clayton Campus.
“Ticket” means any valid ticket which permits You to attend the Event as issued by AIESEC Monash and WeTeachMe.
“You” means you as the holder of the Ticket and “Your” shall be read accordingly.
A. STATUS OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate, and should be read in accordance with, the terms and conditions of the authorised ticket agent from which You purchased Your Ticket, copies of which are available upon request from the relevant authorised ticket agent. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant authorised ticket agent, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- All Tickets are sold subject to these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to purchase and raise any queries with the Promoter prior to purchase. Purchase of any Ticket constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions on Your behalf and on behalf of any person for whom You are purchasing Tickets.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice and in our sole discretion. We will notify You of amendments to these terms and conditions by posting them to this website.
B. TICKETS, TIMES, REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION
- Only customers holding a valid Ticket will be admitted to the Event. You must retain this Ticket on Your person at all times during the Event.
- Your Ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced.
- Upon purchase, please check Tickets carefully as mistakes cannot always be rectified after purchase. Tickets are not issued on a sale or return basis and refunds will not be made on returned Tickets unless provided for under these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any Ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed. You are solely responsible for the safe-keeping of Your Ticket. It is not always possible to issue duplicate Tickets unless under special circumstances.
- Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
- Tickets are numbered with a unique serial code and each serial code allows one entry to the Event.
- Ownership or possession of a Ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on You to use, alter, copy, or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the Ticket.
- Tickets are personal revocable licences and shall at all times remain the property of the Promoter and subject to these Terms and Conditions. You may not re-sell or transfer a Ticket for commercial gain. If a Ticket is re-sold, transferred or advertised for profit or commercial gain or used for competitions, promotions or hospitality packages by anyone other than the Promoter, or an authorised sub-agent, it will be void and You will be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Venue without refund.
- Tickets are sold subject to the Promoter’s right to alter or vary the published Event programme which may result in changes to the event, timing or any other aspect of the Event. The Promoter reserves all rights in this regard. Any published start times of a performance at the Event are estimates only and are subject to change. The Promoter shall not be liable for any change of a published start time.
- All advertised times are approximate and subject to change. It is Your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure that You arrive at the Venue in sufficient time in case the Event starts early and to ensure that You are able to stay until the close of the Event should You wish to if it overruns. We will not be responsible to make any refund or meet the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or for any loss of enjoyment or other indirect loss as a result of an Event not running to the precise advertised times.
- In the event of a cancellation, postponement or Material alteration of the Event (defined below) You will be entitled to a refund in accordance with the terms and conditions or refund policy of the authorised ticket agent from whom You purchased a Ticket. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation in relation to the Event which have been arranged by You are made at Your own risk and neither the authorised ticket agent nor the Promoter will have any liability for any such loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure. A “Material” alteration is a change which in our reasonable opinion makes the Event materially different to the Event which purchasers of the Ticket could reasonably expect. Changes to performance times, supporting acts and the use of understudies in a theatre performance shall not be considered a Material alteration. A Material alteration is judged by reference to the nature and billing of each Event. The Event is judged by reference to the overall theme rather than the individual act scheduled to appear.
- It is Your responsibility to check that the Event has not been cancelled, rescheduled or made the subject of a Material alteration. Information on such matters will be made available on behalf of the Promoter as soon as reasonably practicable on the Promoter’s and/or AIESEC Monash's website and/or at the Venue. Customers are advised that the website cannot always be updated immediately and that circumstances giving rise to cancellation, postponement or Material alterations can sometimes arise immediately prior to an Event.
- Tickets will not be refunded where they have been used to gain entry to the Event, or where You are able to and choose to attend a postponed Event.
C. UNAUTHORISED TICKET AGENTS AND TOUTING
- Tickets bought from unauthorised agents are not valid and admission will not be granted to the Event with any Ticket bought from unauthorised agents.
- If we are aware that You have bought Tickets anywhere other than from official authorised outlets You will not be granted access to the Event. Tickets are non-transferable, which means that once purchased You cannot sell them on to others. The Promoter will be unable to assist You if You have bought from an unauthorised source, as we will have no purchase history available for the Ticket.We reserve the right to cancel any Ticket booking which we reasonably believe to have been made with a view to resell such Tickets or where the Ticket has been purchased using fraudulent means, such as credit card fraud.We reserve the right to cancel any Ticket booking which we reasonably believe to have been made with a view to resell such Tickets or where the Ticket has been purchased using fraudulent means, such as credit card fraud.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person per credit card or per household. These restrictions will be notified to You by our ticket agents and on our website before You make Your booking. We reserve the right to cancel Tickets purchased in excess of this number without prior notice to You of such cancellation.
- Tickets obtained in breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be null and void and the Promoter may refuse admission to, or eject You from, the Venue. Any person seeking to use a void Ticket in order to gain or provide entry to an Event will be considered to be a trespasser and will be ejected and liable to legal action. Void Tickets are non-refundable.
D. THE EVENT
- The Event is subject to licence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse You entry to and/or eject You from the Event. In particular but without limitation You may be refused admission to or removed from the Event for any of the following reasons: for health and safety or licensing reasons; if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event; if You use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, You are acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs; if You fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age; if You refuse to comply with the Promoter’s security searches; if You breach these Terms; and/or if Your Ticket is void.
- If before or during the Event You have a complaint in relation to the Event (including without limitation in relation to Your ability to view the Event), please contact the Promoter or a steward promptly since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the Event.By attending the Event, You give Your express consent to Your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, the copyright to which shall be owned by the Promoter or its contractors without payment or compensation. If You attend an Event with Your child aged under 18 years You give the foregoing Your express consent on their behalf. This includes filming by the police or security staff that may be carried out for the security of customers.
- By attending the Event, You give Your express consent to Your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, the copyright to which shall be owned by the Promoter or its contractors without payment or compensation.
- To the fullest extent permissible in law, the Promoter shall be entitled to assign all and any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, provided that Your rights are not adversely affected.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Terms and Conditions valid or enforceable.
- If the Promoter delays or fails to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions it shall not mean that the Promoter has waived its right to do so.
- Any person, other than the Promoter, who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and no action taken by You or the Promoter under these Terms and Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between You and the Promoter.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection with the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between You and the Promoter relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall purport to exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.