Photography Course 2-Mastering your Camera (E-T)
All classes are designed to follow Government Covid safe guidelines. Bookings are fully refundable if Government health restrictions change
Moving on to the next stage, let’s talk more about what you can do with your camera. Much like the first part, there will be no boring lectures. Instead, we do more photography !
- The class covers Polarising and ND Filters/Using your cameras Art Filters/ Choosing the right lens for the image Special lenses and their use.
- Exposure problems with different lenses/Advanced exposure controls-Spot and partial metering/Understanding White Balance
- Using your camera at night/Taking star trails/Special effects using long speeds/Connecting your camera to your smartphone
- How to choose a separate flash/What is a guide number and how does it help/Using your cameras wireless flash control
- Choosing the right software/What are RAW files and how can they help/Why use RAW and JPEG
My aim is to get you taking great photos as soon as we can, I am here to help, no big classes (Our maximum class size is 4 people) no long days sat in a classroom, just easy, logical teaching that has worked for over 30,000 students.
What you will learn
- How to use all of their camera controls not just the manual ones
- How changing the cameras aperture and shutter can create stunning images
- Using the features of a modern digital camera to create beautiful images
What you will get
- A knowlege of how their own camera works, not just generic controls
- Course notes and follow up advice - Small class (Maximum four people)
- Local venues with great photographic possibilities
What to bring
- Camera, Cards and notepad and an eagerness to learn
What to wear
Open to everyone interested!
Who am I
My name is Alwyn Hanson, I have been teaching photography for over 30 years in Melbourne. I have worked with and taught over 30,000 people including new users as well as training groups such as Victoria Police, MFB and many Government Departments.
I believe in teaching photography in a simple, logical way rather than boring lectures. My classes are short, practical and complete. Most are three hours long (My experience is longer classes don't always achieve good results)
I teach photography and software based on classes that have run with great success in my previous position as manager of Michaels Media School in the Melbourne CBD.
I am passionate about teaching and want you to use YOUR camera to take great photos.
I can teach you in a class or if you prefer at your home, cafe or local park.
You tell me what you want and I can make it happen.
Why Alwyns Photo School is different.
We believe in working WITH all the special features on the camera,NOT turning them all off and going manual. The camera companies have spent millions in development, so why reinvent the wheel. We can teach YOU how to take great photos on YOUR own digital camera.
Alwyns Photo School, making great photography easier.
Alwyns Photo School has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
A full refund will be made for cancellations received more than 5 working days prior to the event. Cancellations made between 1 and 5 working days from an event will incur an administration fee of $25 and the remainder of the course fee can be refunded. NB. Refunds will not be given if a customer fails to attend or cancels within 5 working days of an event. Substitutions can be made at any time without penalty.
In the event that a course is cancelled by Alwyns Photo School booking fees will be refunded in full however Alwyns Photo School will not accept responsibility for travel or accommodation for cancelled courses.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Classes are based on a Maximum of Four Students, in the unlikely event that the minimum number of bookings is not reached we will organise either an alternative date, offer and alternative class option or offer a full refund.
Outdoor workshops and events are subject to Weather if bad Weather is forecast (Based on BOM forecasts 48 hours ahead) we will offer an alternative date, or an alternative class option or offer a full refund.