This is not just marvelling, this is the traditional EBRU art, using traditional materials.
Ebru, also known as water/paper marbling, is a UNESCO heritage-listed traditional Turkish art of creating colorful patterns by dropping and splashing paints onto a tray of oily water with special brushes. These patterns are then transferred to a retentive piece of paper. It’s a mesmerising world due to the nature of the used materials. The end result of this work with its own spirit and nature actually looks like the magic itself, since each pattern and so does the result is unique and it’s impossible to replicate it.
This workshop is led by Eda Tevrizci who is an experienced ebru artist. The class will consist of two parts: it will commence with a brief history of ebru and introduction of traditional materials and then continue with the techniques and application process of traditional ebru patterns/ designs and transferring them on paper. It will be a hands-on experience for all participants, where everyone will get a chance to produce a series of unique ebru artworks, that will reflect their inner vision and creativity.
Eda will personally teach you;
- Brief history of Ebru art
- Knowledge of traditional Ebru materials
- Knowledge of preparing the earth pigments and the size (viscous water-based solution as one of the key elements of ebru art)
- Exploring the techniques and application process of some traditional ebru patterns/ designs and transferring them on paper
When your class if finished;
- Once the workshop is complete, you will acquire basic knowledge to practice the whole process of Ebru by yourself such as preparing the pigments and water; applying different patterns and techniques onto water and then transfer them to paper. You will understand the nature of Ebru materials and gain the ability to use them properly.
- All materials will be provided
- You will create at least 7-8 different patterns of your own artwork piece along with a marbled product (a coaster set of two or greeting cards)
Participants usually find this session as a captivating experience, in which they observe the brightness of colors on the still water surface. This workshop will be a meditative process of creative transformation of colours and patterns. Therapeutic nature of the practice helps with relaxation of mind and reveals positive energy. This class is suited for everyone, children & adults are welcome to attend.
Refreshments of tea, coffee, hot chocolate or chai will be supplied with some biscuits during the class.
**Possibility April 2nd Thursday Afternoon Class Will Be Also Have different Activity, Maybe Silk Scarves**
- History of Ebru art & knowledge of materials
- How to prepare the pigments & solution
- Exploring the techniques in application
- The knowledge to practice the process of Ebru art.
- All materials are included with easy refreshments
- Creating at least 7-8 different patterns to transfer
- All materials are supplied
Casual Clothes you don't mind getting some paint on
Children, Students & Adults are all encouraged to join in, it is fun for everyone.
Vendor since 2015
Art Tree Creations offer a large range of artist workshops including & specialising in resin art, acrylic & ink abstract effects.
We run our classes based in Melbourne from tour Bayswater location & are always popping up throughout the other states during the year.
Art Tree Creations have been instructing resin & art classes for over 6 years, we have experienced instructors with years of experience in using the specialised materials.
We offer continuous support with high quality products for years after you complete your workshop.
Art Tree Creations requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Art Tree Creations to organise a refund or transfer
• A confirmation email with all the details will be sent after payment is received, if you have any questions about the workshop please email us prior to booking your spot.
• Please note, if payment is received & the spots are unavailable in the workshop you choose you will automatically be placed in the next available workshop after confirmation of the date is approved by yourself.
• The $50 deposit is non-refundable on cancellations made within 7 days out from your booked workshop, however it is transferable to other workshop dates when a cancellation is made outside the 7 days prior to your booked workshop date.