Introduction to Buttercream (Clarence Gardens, SA)
About This Class
What You Will Learn
- The difference between different types of buttercream
- The correct angle for holding a piping bag and the pressure to apply the bag
- The difference between different tips and the results they yield
What You Get
- Take your finished cupcakes home.
- Printed class notes so that you can re-create your cake
This class is designed for students who are unfamiliar with buttercream. This introduction to Buttercream class will teach students the basics of buttercream piping and a range of other piping techniques to finish of your masterpieces such as piping dots, lines, leaves, shell borders, plus more. Students will also learn to make buttercream swirls, rosettes and a piped rose on a cupcake. Students will be able to take their finished cupcakes home.
Added learning outcomes
- How to colour Buttercream
- How to fill and hold a piping bag
- How to pipe – Dots, Stars leaves, vines, Shell borders, rosettes and basic block writing
- How to pipe on a cupcake – Rosette, Rose and a sundae swirl finish