Boxes and Bows - Square Cake (North Lakes, QLD)
About This Class
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to level and prepare a square cake to get "Sharp Edges"
- How to add pattern to fondant using a stencil
- How to make an embossed bow decoration with gumpaste
What You Get
- This gorgeous "gift box" themed cake
- Printed class notes so that you can re-create your cake
This basic square class will introduce students to making clean and simple finished cakes and teach you all the skills and techniques needed to create a "gift box" themed cake finished with a beautiful bow.
Other Learning Outcomes
- How to mask a square cake in ganache using the ‘lid’ method and achieve a sharp finish
- How to knead, roll out and apply fondant to a cake
- How to use impression mats
- Basic Airbrushing
- How to make a 3D bow from gumpaste