Quilled Flower Square Cake Class (Bendigo, VIC)
About This Class
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to level/torte and ganache a square cake to prepare for sharp edges
- Learn how to cover a square cake in fondant with sharp edges
- Learn how to make a "quilled flower" and side design using gum paste
What You Get
- This Quilled Flower Square Cake to take home
- Printed class notes so that you can re-create your cake or your own designs at home.
This basic square class will introduce students to making clean and simple finished cakes and teach you all the skills and techniques needed to create a square cake with sharp edges and quilled flower decoration.
Other Learning Outcomes
- How to torte, level and fill your square cake
- How to mask a square cake in ganache using the ‘lid’ method and achieve a sharp finish
- How to knead, roll out and apply fondant to a cake
- How to create a quilled flowers and decorations with Gum Paste
- How to attach Gum Paste decortions to the top and side of a square cake