Basic Round Painted Peony Cake (Malaga, WA)
About This Class
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to torte and ganache a round cake using the lid method and cover a round cake with fondant
- Learn how to make a sugar peony
- Learn how to paint a bird and flowers on a cake using dusts and rose spirit
What You Get
- your gorgeous Painted Peony Cake to take home and enjoy
- Printed notes and the skills to be able to recreate this at home
This class will introduce students to all the skills required to make clean and simple finished round cake - torting, ganaching and covering a cake with fondant - the foundation of any cake. Students will also learn how to make and colour a peautiful sugar flower.
Other Learning Outcomes
-Learn how to mask a round cake in ganache using the "lid" method to achieve the famous Australian Method - "Sharp Edges"
-Learn how to knead, roll out and apply fondant to a round cake to achieve the famous Australian Method - "Sharp Edges"
-Learn how to make a pretty sugar peony
-Learn how to paint flowers and birds onto a fondant covered cake
-Learn how to use dusts and rose spirit to create the perfect paint