Beginner’s Ceramic Painting Workshop (Online)
(Private Dates Available)
In this beginner's ceramics workshop, Aoife Billings will teach you pinch pot technique to make a teacup, then ceramic painting techniques to decorate your cup in patterns, images or even block colours if you prefer! You will receive activities prior to the class to assist you with your painting ideas for your mug.
You will be able to drop off and pick up your pieces to be fired, glazed, and ready to be sipped from during Pink Ember (Coburg, Melbourne) shop hours after lockdown.
Price includes, material pack, postage, firing and glazing! All materials needed will be shipped to you! If you are not a local to Coburg, Melbourne and cannot drop off your work for firing and glazing, no worries at all! Aoife can help you find a place in your area for this service.
Aoife Billings (she/her) is a Narrm (Melbourne) based visual-artist from a textiles and filmmaking background, She started Pink Ember Studio with the three other directors in 2018 and her current art practice is based in ceramics and oil painting. She has been teaching art workshops for various councils and at her own studio for over seven years.
What you will learn
- How to make a ceramic mug!
- Basic ceramics theory
- How to use coloured slip to paint ceramics!
What you will get
- Material kit; paint brush, clay, 4 x coloured slips, wooden modelling tool
- Hand made mug by you!
What to bring
- All materials provided
- Bring mood boards, colour palletes, or reference drawings!
What to wear
Wear your best mess clothes!
Aoife Billings (she/her) is a Narrm (Melbourne) based ceramist and painter. She has been teaching art workshops for various councils and at her own studio for over seven years. She is the workshop manager at Pink Ember Studio, a queer-run, not-for-profit studio, shop, gallery and workshop venue she founded in Coburg with three other artists during 2018.
Aoife Billings requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange for in person workshops. 7 days notice for online workshops. Please email email@example.com to organise a refund.
Terms & Conditions
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Aoife Billings will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into the premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - I agree to give Aoife Billings unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at classes and events or on the premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- REFUNDS -Aoife Billings requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
- CANCELLATIONS - In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled, participants will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit. If the customer cancels within 48 hours prior to the workshop they will be entitled to transfer their ticket to another day, this privilege will only be applied once for each customer. After this allowance, they will only receive half a refund if they again cancel within 48 hours prior. Customers may allocate someone else to come instead (you can sell your ticket to them). Please notify us of this.
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Aoife Billings has the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavour to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.