Small Ceramic Sculpture Workshop Series
This class is a four week series, designed to bring you through brain storming, inspiration gathering, small creature/sculpture design, sculpting techniques, ceramic painting and clear glazing.
It is a relaxed, friendly, LGBTQI+ safe class. Beginners are very welcome. You'll have the freedom to create whatever small creatures or sculptures you would like, with guidance on ceramic and painting techniques along the way.
As always with Aoife's workshops, there's never pressure for perfectionism, we will prioritise process, learning, play and community.
You'll come away at the end of the four sessions with a series of sculptures you've designed, created, painted and glazed. All materials and firing costs are included in the price, and you'll be able to pick up your pieces approximately 1-2 weeks after the series ends.
Class week by week:
Week 1: Ceramic theory, sculpture design process and techniques
Week 2: Apply sculpting techniques, play with ideas to create a series of creatures/figures/sculptures
Week 3: Finish off your pieces in order for them to be bisque fired and ready to be painted next week
Week 4: Paint your creations and apply brush-on clear glaze
In accordance with government requirements, all students must be double vaccinated to attend. Proof of vaccination will be required on the first day of class during check in. The class size is kept small. Let Aoife know if you have covid, been in contact with someone who has covid, or you have symptoms; Aoife will reschedule your ticket for a date in the future. Refunds will not be issued if students are not able to prove vaccination status.
Aoife Billings (she/her) is a Narrm (Melbourne) based ceramist and painter. She has been teaching art workshops for various councils and at her own studio for over seven years. She is the workshop manager at Pink Ember Studio, a queer- run not-for-profit studio, shop, gallery and workshop venue she founded in Coburg with three other artists during 2018.
What you will learn
- Multiple hand building techniques for small ceramics creation
- Ceramic painting with coloured slips, and clear brush on glazing
- Ceramic sculpture for small figures, from design process to creation
What you will get
- A series of small sculptures, hand made by you!
- Vital ceramics knowledge!
- A zine with ceramics hints and tips
Free on street parking on Stock St
What to bring
- Hand towel
- Drink bottle
- Apron or wear mess clothes
What to wear
Ages 8+ (Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult)
Aoife Billings (she/her) is a Narrm (Melbourne) based ceramist and painter. She has been teaching art workshops for various councils and at her own studio for over seven years. She is the workshop manager at Pink Ember Studio, a queer-run, not-for-profit studio, shop, gallery and workshop venue she founded in Coburg with three other artists during 2018.
Cancellations & Refunds
Aoife Billings requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class or series for a full refund/exchange for in person workshops. 7 days notice for online workshops. Please email email@example.com to organise a refund.
No fill in classes available. Please attend all classes of the series you've booked into.
If you are required to isolate or have Covid during class times, please contact Aoife as soon as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- No fill in classes available. Please attend all classes of the series you've booked into.
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Aoife Billings will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into the premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - I agree to give Aoife Billings unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at classes and events or on the premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- REFUNDS -Aoife Billings requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email email@example.com to organise a refund.
- CANCELLATIONS - In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled, participants will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit. If the customer cancels within 48 hours prior to the workshop or series they will be entitled to transfer their ticket to another day, this privilege will only be applied once for each customer. After this allowance, they will only receive half a refund if they again cancel within 48 hours prior. Customers may allocate someone else to come instead (you can sell your ticket to them). Please notify us of this.
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Aoife Billings has the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
- COVID - If you are required to isolate or have Covid during class times, please contact Aoife as soon as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavour to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.