This introductory course is suited to the absolute beginner and is also open to students with some glass experience who wish to continue to extend their skills. Students will be instructed on how to prepare, design and construct fused and slumped glass projects.
Topics include: cutting glass, glass selection, preparing glass for firing, fusing and slumping. Some glass provided. Additional materials will cost from $60, depending on projects. Students can expect to produce approximately 3-5 finished pieces; projects can include platters, bowls, wall panels, window hangers or jewellery.
This class runs every Wednesday evening or Saturday afternoon for 4 weeks
- Basic glass working safety practices
- Cutting glass and preparing it for firing, fusing and slumping
- A variety of techniques and ideas for kiln forming
- 3-5 finished pieces
- Dust mask, Safety glasses, Suitable working clothing (including closed shoes, long pants and an apron for over shirt).
- Oil fed glass cutter (available from Blue Dog Glass $38) , grozing pliers, Running pliers, Pencil and paper, Small ruler or measuring tape, Bullseye Glass, Windex and paper towel Please note: glass is provided for 1st project.
Long pants, closed toed and heeled shoes.
Beginners or students from any level
Vendor since 2016
Located in Mordialloc, Melbourne, Blue Dog Glass is a unique business dedicated to offering quality products, tuition and commissions in the field of kiln formed glass. We combine artistic flair, refined technique and practicality to produce items and services of true individuality. We stock an extensive selection of materials and tools for any glass enthusiast as well as providing specialist technical support.
As importers and distributors of Bullseye Glass and Paragon kiln products, our range of glass and products are of the highest quality. At Blue Dog Glass we also provide a personalised commission service including cast hand prints, functional ware, business or sporting awards and architectural lighting design. Our team can collaborate with your business to produce design prototypes and items best suited to your needs.
Classes offered at Blue Dog Glass are conducted by professional artists and offer students the opportunity to learn in a friendly and creatively conducive environment. Our classes cater for absolute beginners and craft makers through to professional artists looking to expand their practice with specialist glass workshops.