Untutored Life Drawing
(+5 more dates)
Professional female and male Artists models from the life drawing models guild are employed for these sessions. One month it's a female and the next a male. There is quite a variety of body types to draw or paint with some interesting and challenging poses.
There is nothing like life drawing to sharpen your observational and drawing skills. It's always warm at life drawing. Board and easel supplied.
What you will learn
- Professional female and male Artists models from the life drawing models guild are employed for these sessions.
- There is nothing like life drawing to sharpen your observational and drawing skills.
- Sketching from life is possibly the most difficult art form to pursue when the artist is seeking accurate realism. This is great for observational and drawing skills. Correspondingly, of the many life subjects available to us, it’s the human body which has been the most enduring art subject historically, if not one of the hardest to visualise accurately. There are a number of ways to develop an image of the human. These include focusing on the shapes created by tonal effects of light and shade on the body. Another is to focus on the muscles and bone structures of the body, while there are those who like to construct a visual image of a body from geometric shapes before refining them into a realistic form. Whatever method is preferred, we provide a monthly opportunity to draw nude models in various poses that enhance the artist’s ability to draw what is in front of them – life. Each of our untutored two hour sessions of life drawing begins with five 2-minute poses in quick succession that enables the artist to practice drawing the flow of the form, thereby getting the eye and hand in sync. Then comes two 5-minute and two 10-minute poses which allows for a little more detailed work. Two extended poses of 20 minutes each are then provided so artists can hone in on the detail of the form – the body shapes, the joints, the muscles, the way the light highlights the body giving it a three dimensional look.
What you will get
- Board and easel supplied.
What to bring
- Bring your own paper and charcoal or other drawing medium.
What to wear
Casual (Warning: this might get messy)
Open to all skill levels for adults aged 16 years and above.
Our offer to you
Painting pictures is enjoyable, satisfying, therapeutic, good for the soul, great for your social life, combats social isolation, and helps the brain fight against depression and dementia.
Let our expert tutors show you how it’s done because expressing yourself through art is about the best way to be happy and fulfilled.
We cover all styles for all levels.
The Box Hill Art Group Inc. was established in 1952 and since then it has nurtured many thousands of budding artists, as well as stretching the skills of experienced and exhibiting artists.
Moreover, we cater for watercolours, oils, acrylics, pastels, drawing, life drawing and mixed media.
We also offer our member’s access to lessons, paint outs, art demonstrations, competitions, exhibitions and arts awards.
The Box Hill Art Group will open up a whole new colourful world for you to enjoy.
Membership is open to anyone between 16 and 116 years of age. Whether you are just starting out in painting or drawing or have been doing it for years you will love being a part of this group, meeting with like minded people to express yourself visually.
Cancellations & Refunds
Term Classes: Make up classes are available free of charge within the same term.
Single Classes: Not refundable, however classes are transferable within the term in which they are booked.
No tutor available: Considered to be a regular class if a substitute tutor is provided. If not attended a make up class is available within the same term. If you stay and paint without a tutor a make up class is still available within the same term.
Life Drawing : Members: A make up/transfer session is available for the next life drawing session only if you notify us prior to the session.
Non members: A make up/transfer session is NOT available and a refund will not be provided.
Workshops: Members and Non members: 100% refund (less booking fees) will be provided if at least 10 days notice. 50% refund (less booking fees) will be provided if at least 5 days notice.
All sessions: If cancelled by Box Hill Art Group a full refund will be provided.
Any further clarification please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Non members are entitled to only purchase ONE single $25 tutored class.
All additional purchases require the participant to become a member of the Box Hill Art Group.
This condition excludes Life Drawing sessions and one day workshops which are open to everyone.