Ikebana by Azumi
(+5 more dates)(Private Dates Available)
Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower
The Class helps you well being and inspired, enjoy your life with some flowers. You will experience to express yourself in the floral creation. Through the Class you will take notice of your creativity and emotions deep in you.
What is ikebana
Ikebana is Japanese floral art. Exploring the essentials of ikebana will help you create simple, contemporary and artistic arrangements and give you a new understanding of floral design.
You will learn the basics of ikebana in a relaxed and inspiring space, providing you with the knowledge and skills to continue designing and making at home. Azumi will introduce you to the essentials of ikebana, and help you create your own natural work of art. Small groups allow you to share ideas and design at your own
pace. Come along and be inspired with this mediative and rewarding practice.
All materials are provided to create your ikebana arrangement
Take home your arrangement and a workshop book, outlining the concepts
covered in class
Light food and drinks will be served.
Who is Azumi
Azumi is the founder of By Azumi, a floristry studio located in South Yarra. Azumi is
a creative, experienced florist who has worked in Japan, Europe and Australia. She
works with locally sourced, seasonal materials and favours sustainable floristry
What you will learn
- Japanese contemporary floral art.
- Simplicity, beauty, economical and ecological designs.
- Ikebana techniques for arranging flowers and foliage in a vessel using natural seasonal materials.
What you will get
- All flowers and materials to make your arrangement (which you can take home)
- Written materials outlining the principles of floral design covered in the class
- Drinks and snacks
- Parking right front of the Studio
- Street parking on Avoca Street
- 5Min work from the Southyarra Station
What to bring
- Just your enthusiasm to learn!
What to wear
Perfect for both beginners and intermediate students or even those who have attended other floral classes and are looking to further their experience in floral design.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$100.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 3 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$38.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
If you are unable to attend the class we will transfer your booking to an alternative day or issue you a credit for no additional charge, due to the current situation with COVID-19. Transfers require 3 working days notice as we use fresh products. Transfers or cancellations within 24 hours require a minimum material fee (prices dependant on the class) and the tuition fee can be kept as credit.
We do not offer refunds for cancellation or missed classes due to our intimate class size.
More From byAzumi
Floristry for Beginners with Azumi - 4 week courseFloristry for Beginners with Azumi - 4 week course
from AU$740.00Accepts private bookings