Azumi is an expert florist who has worked across the world in Japan, Europe and Australia. In this workshop, Azumi demonstrates how to make kokedama, or Japanese moss balls. Azumi will explain this style of bonsai and the art of creating living designs, which closely resemble forms found in nature. You will have the option to make your kokedama within a ceramic tray or suspended from string, with the plant growing from the structure of a moss ball.
All workshops are held at By Azumi floral studio in South Yarra. They are designed for small groups.
You will learn the basics of kokedama in a relaxed and inspiring space, providing you with the knowledge and skills to continue designing and making at home. The workshops are perfect for both beginners and intermediate students, who have attended other floristry or plant care classes and are looking to further their experience in the field.
- Making kokedama (Japanese moss balls), including basic care and conditioning
- Plants, moss and other materials used in kokedama
- The different types of bonsai
- One bonsai plant and materials for your kokedama, including a ceramic tray to take home
- Written materials outlining the principles of design and care instructions covered in the class
- 10% discount voucher to participate in your next class with Azumi (must be booked via byAzumi.com.au).
- Wecome drink and finger food
- Omotenashi – which defines Japanese hospitality. But its meaning goes way deeper than the way of providing hospitality. The noun means “to entertain guests wholeheartedly”.
- Just your enthusiasm to learn!
Perfect for both beginners and intermediate students or even those who have attended other floral classes and are looking to further their experience in floral design.
REFUNDS, RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS
Your space at by Azumi Floristry Workshops will not be confirmed until full payment has been received.
We will email you a reminder about 2 days before your class to confirm but please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
If you cannot attend a class for any reason, refunds are not available due to our intimate class sizes - so please assign a friend to take your place and let us know of the name change by email.
We have class minimums and in the case we don’t make them we will notify you as soon as possible and you will be offered a refund or class transfer. We will always endeavor to run as many classes as possible!!
If we need to cancel a class for any reason, we may do so at any time before the class is scheduled to begin. You will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another class of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee) within a 12 month period
byAzumi requires 7days notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a transfer. Transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 7days of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for cancellation or missed classes due to our intimate class size.