Permaculture Design Course
Our course in Permaculture Design has been running for several years with very appreciative students. Tutors Ian Lillington and Beck Lowe guide the group through a 16-week course (96 hours in total) that will change your life!
We regularly make field trips to local properties that demonstrate the topics we are focusing on in class. The course covers the standard syllabus of a permaculture design course which includes ethics, design principles and theory on topics including soils, water, energy, building, animals, intensive gardens, orchards and broadacre farms. Each week we offer suggested readings to course participants and occasional small exercises. The main study load comes in the last weeks as students work on a design project for presentation on the last day of the course. Our tutors are responsive to the needs of the students and the time spent in study outside of class is largely up to the individual student.
There are no classes during school holidays.
The full cost of the course is $800, but with support from the Adult Community and Further Education Board (ACFE), we are able to offer a limited number of places on this course for $400. YOU MUST HOLD A CONCESSION CARD FOR THE DISCOUNTED PRICE AND IT MUST BE SITED BY RECEPTION STAFF.
Places are limited and you need to pay in advance to secure your place.
- Learn about permaculture design principles and practices
- Gain hands-on experience building skills on permaculture design
- Learn about on topics such as soils, water, energy, building, animals, intensive gardens, orchards and broadacre farms
- Expert tuition from experienced instructors!
- Gain hands-on experience
- Your interest to learn!
Vendor since 2016
Castlemaine Community House is in Castlemaine, Mount Alexander Shire, within the Central Goldfield region of Victoria. It is situated 120kms from Melbourne, approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the city. Castlemaine is encircled by at least six towns, each with their own particular identity. In addition to its established population, the Shire is a magnet for an increasing population of arts practitioners, tree changers, down shifters and those pursuing an alternative lifestyle based on environmental sustainability.
Castlemaine Community House provides programs and activities contributing to community development and supporting individuals and groups within the local community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
◙ a learning centre
◙ a meeting place
◙ a not-for-profit enterprise
◙ a drop-in centre
◙ a supportive, welcoming placean information network
We have a range of regular activities, educational classes for adults, programs for parents and children, and a large number of community projects which we run or contribute to. We are run by a committee of management and we have a number of staff and volunteers.
2015 marks our 30th anniversary. There is abrief history of our first 30 years
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- A refund is payable, less 50% of the course fee for cancellations made within 1 week of the course start date as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.