Children with a love of singing and performance will be delighted to hear that the Castlemaine Children’s Choir is starting again in term two. The choir is open to any child in the Shire aged 7 and above, who enjoy singing and would like to sing in a group. The choir provides the opportunity to develop musical skills and perform as a group, with sessions involving vocal warm ups; pitch and rhythm activities; new pieces and familiar songs; and time for fun music games.
Tim Watson is the choir leader. He studied music at the Victorian College of the Arts and has been a primary school teacher and teacher of music to a variety of ages.
$60 for the 7 week term from Saturday February 3rd to Saturday 24th March (Note: long weekend of March 10th will not run)
Classes run from 10:30am to 11:15am at the Castlemaine Senior Citizens Hall, Mechanics Lane (next to the Castlemaine Library and Phee Broadway)
Duration: 7 Weeks x 45 mins
- Improve your performance skills
- Gain knowledge on proper techniques on pitch and rhythm
- Join in musical games
- An overall fun learning experience for kids!
Loose comfortable clothing
Children Aged 7-12years
Vendor since 2016
Castlemaine Community House is in Castlemaine, Mount Alexander Shire, within the Central Goldfield region of Victoria. It is situated 120kms from Melbourne, approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the city. Castlemaine is encircled by at least six towns, each with their own particular identity. In addition to its established population, the Shire is a magnet for an increasing population of arts practitioners, tree changers, down shifters and those pursuing an alternative lifestyle based on environmental sustainability.
Castlemaine Community House provides programs and activities contributing to community development and supporting individuals and groups within the local community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
◙ a learning centre
◙ a meeting place
◙ a not-for-profit enterprise
◙ a drop-in centre
◙ a supportive, welcoming placean information network
We have a range of regular activities, educational classes for adults, programs for parents and children, and a large number of community projects which we run or contribute to. We are run by a committee of management and we have a number of staff and volunteers.
2015 marks our 30th anniversary. There is abrief history of our first 30 years
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- A refund is payable, less 50% of the course fee for cancellations made within 1 week of the course start date as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.