Tuesday Studio is a 10 week visual art course where participants will engage in drawing, printmaking, sculpture and painting. The course aims to expand on students’ skills, providing a broad range of approaches to art-making; introducing students to a variety of techniques and mediums both experimental and traditional. This course will appeal to individuals who are looking for access to new techniques and perspectives and to further their studies. This is an excellent follow-up course for graduates of Art Pathways or other art courses although it is not a pre-requisite.
Tuesday Studio is tutored by experienced teachers and practicing artists, Helen Seligman, Tobias Richardson, Ana Radovcich and Zoe Amor.
When: April 23rd - June 25th
Cost: $610 including materials
- Painting with mixed media, including gouache, acrylic & oils
- Making & preparing painting stretchers and traditional gesso grounds
- Drawing including life, experimental & research drawing
- Sculpting with various media including wood, clay, plaster, found and ready-made materials
- Printing Making with multi-block collagraphs and experimenting with a transparent medium
- Underlying the course will a grounding in art history, theory and contemporary practice
Clothing suitable for creatingart in!
Suitable for those who have completed Art Pathways, but no prerequisites.
Vendor since 2016
Castlemaine Community House is in Castlemaine, Mount Alexander Shire, within the Central Goldfield region of Victoria. It is situated 120kms from Melbourne, approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the city. Castlemaine is encircled by at least six towns, each with their own particular identity. In addition to its established population, the Shire is a magnet for an increasing population of arts practitioners, tree changers, down shifters and those pursuing an alternative lifestyle based on environmental sustainability.
Castlemaine Community House provides programs and activities contributing to community development and supporting individuals and groups within the local community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
◙ a learning centre
◙ a meeting place
◙ a not-for-profit enterprise
◙ a drop-in centre
◙ a supportive, welcoming placean information network
We have a range of regular activities, educational classes for adults, programs for parents and children, and a large number of community projects which we run or contribute to. We are run by a committee of management and we have a number of staff and volunteers.
2015 marks our 30th anniversary. There is abrief history of our first 30 years
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- A refund is payable, less 50% of the course fee for cancellations made within 1 week of the course start date as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.