Classes are relaxed and informal yet aim to provide a strong foundation in watercolour techniques that can be used to enhance
further creativity. By using a variety of approaches, find new ways to get in touch with your creative spontaneity and to translate this onto paper. All levels very welcome!
In this course you will have the opportunity to:
• Learn watercolour techniques such as washes, wet in wet, drybrush
• Discover new ways to create light-filled, transparent paintings
• Experiment with mixed-media, templates and calligraphy
• Sessions include many tutor demonstrations, plus discussion
Date: Mondays, 29th July - 26th August (5 weeks)
Time: 6.00pm - 8.30pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Cost: $250 (full) or $230 (Concession or Early Bird Discount, available until 8th July) Materials not included but materials list will be provided.
Tutor: Eleni Rivers
Eleni is a professional artist and teacher who has taught art classes for over 25 years in colleges, corporations and communities.
She holds a MFA in Arts and Consciousness from JFK University, Berkeley, California as well as several degrees in Fine Arts from colleges in Australia. Now based in Castlemaine, Eleni’s art continues to explore
themes of nature and mythology within the Australian landscape.
- Learn watercolour techniques such as washes, wet in wet, drybrush
- Sessions include many tutor demonstrations, plus discussion
- Studenst will be provided with a material list
those interested painting or experimenting with water colours
Vendor since 2016
Castlemaine Community House is in Castlemaine, Mount Alexander Shire, within the Central Goldfield region of Victoria. It is situated 120kms from Melbourne, approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the city. Castlemaine is encircled by at least six towns, each with their own particular identity. In addition to its established population, the Shire is a magnet for an increasing population of arts practitioners, tree changers, down shifters and those pursuing an alternative lifestyle based on environmental sustainability.
Castlemaine Community House provides programs and activities contributing to community development and supporting individuals and groups within the local community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
◙ a learning centre
◙ a meeting place
◙ a not-for-profit enterprise
◙ a drop-in centre
◙ a supportive, welcoming placean information network
We have a range of regular activities, educational classes for adults, programs for parents and children, and a large number of community projects which we run or contribute to. We are run by a committee of management and we have a number of staff and volunteers.
2015 marks our 30th anniversary. There is abrief history of our first 30 years
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.