This workshop will start by covering the traditional techniques such as gradated and variegated washes, wet-into-wet, wet-on-dry, glazes, hard and soft edges, blending, dry-brush, masking ... and much more!
To have an understanding of these techniques will give you a good foundation to go on and express your creative self in watercolour.
In this course you will have the opportunity to explore:
• The fundamentals of watercolour painting
• How to build a clear and translucent painting from start to finish
• Play with mixed media to create dynamic and interesting paintings
• Sessions include many tutor demonstrations, plus discussion.
Date: Mondays, May 13th
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Cost: $125 (full) or $115 (Concession or Early Bird Discount. EBD available until April 15th)
Tutor: Eleni Rivers
Eleni is a professional artist and teacher who has taught art classes for over 25 years in colleges, corporations and communities.
She holds a MFA in Arts and Consciousness from JFK University, Berkeley, California as well as several degrees in Fine Arts from colleges in Australia. Now based in Castlemaine, Eleni’s art continues to explore
themes of nature and mythology within the Australian landscape.
- The fundamentals of watercolour painting
- Sessions include many tutor demonstrations, plus discussion.
- willingness to learn
those interested in painting with watercolours
Vendor since 2016
Castlemaine Community House is in Castlemaine, Mount Alexander Shire, within the Central Goldfield region of Victoria. It is situated 120kms from Melbourne, approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the city. Castlemaine is encircled by at least six towns, each with their own particular identity. In addition to its established population, the Shire is a magnet for an increasing population of arts practitioners, tree changers, down shifters and those pursuing an alternative lifestyle based on environmental sustainability.
Castlemaine Community House provides programs and activities contributing to community development and supporting individuals and groups within the local community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
◙ a learning centre
◙ a meeting place
◙ a not-for-profit enterprise
◙ a drop-in centre
◙ a supportive, welcoming placean information network
We have a range of regular activities, educational classes for adults, programs for parents and children, and a large number of community projects which we run or contribute to. We are run by a committee of management and we have a number of staff and volunteers.
2015 marks our 30th anniversary. There is abrief history of our first 30 years
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- A refund is payable, less 50% of the course fee for cancellations made within 1 week of the course start date as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.