Rings... can symbolise love, commitment, friendship or simply an expression of "this is what I like!"... And one that's been made personally by you is even more special...
This workshop offers you an opportunity to create your own sterling silver ring, under the experienced guidance of Gold and Silversmithing professional, Rachel Grose. If you are looking for an outlet for your creativity, jewellery making can be a rewarding choice.
This workshop aims to provide a practical beginners approach to jewellery making.
Participants will attend a workshop over to learn how to craft a sterling silver ring and will be introduced to the following jewellery making techniques.
- Ring sizing and how to custom fit a ring.
- How to create an individual design for a ring.
- How to cut metal using a professional Jewellers saw.
- How to texture and stamp metal using a hammer or metal stamp.
- Soldering and annealing techniques using a jewellers torch.
- Finishing and polishing a completed piece.
- Learn how to craft a sterling silver ring
- Ring sizing and how to custom fit a ring
- Very own customer made ring
- All Materials & Equipment Provided
Fitted clothing with no loose sleeves, Covered shoes, All long hair must be tied back. No loose jewellery, especially bangles or necklaces.
anyone interested in crafting their own jewellery. Beginners welcome!
Vendor since 2016
Castlemaine Community House is in Castlemaine, Mount Alexander Shire, within the Central Goldfield region of Victoria. It is situated 120kms from Melbourne, approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the city. Castlemaine is encircled by at least six towns, each with their own particular identity. In addition to its established population, the Shire is a magnet for an increasing population of arts practitioners, tree changers, down shifters and those pursuing an alternative lifestyle based on environmental sustainability.
Castlemaine Community House provides programs and activities contributing to community development and supporting individuals and groups within the local community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
◙ a learning centre
◙ a meeting place
◙ a not-for-profit enterprise
◙ a drop-in centre
◙ a supportive, welcoming placean information network
We have a range of regular activities, educational classes for adults, programs for parents and children, and a large number of community projects which we run or contribute to. We are run by a committee of management and we have a number of staff and volunteers.
2015 marks our 30th anniversary. There is abrief history of our first 30 years
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.