Young Artists are invited to join Tobias in an exploration of art, which will include expanding upon learning, sculpture and tool usage, as well as gaining insights into contemporary art today.
This 10 week course will focus on enabling students to consider art across and within cultures, its connection with our values and beliefs, whilst developing practical skills and tool familiarity for making artworks towards developing their own expression and ideas.
Ages: 12 - 16 years
Date: Wednesdays, 24th April to 26th June (10 weeks)
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Cost: $250 (full) or $230 (Early Bird Discount, available until April 4th) Includes all Materials and Equipment for in class use!
Tutor: Tobias Richardson
Tobias Richardson is a local renowed contemporary artist, who has been teaching for many years across a broad field of arts subjects, including Art Pathways, Tuesday Studio and Life Drawing.
- practical skills
- insights into contemporary art today
- art works
- All Material & Equipment Supplied
Ages 12-16 who want to expand their knowledge of art/techniques
Vendor since 2016
Castlemaine Community House is in Castlemaine, Mount Alexander Shire, within the Central Goldfield region of Victoria. It is situated 120kms from Melbourne, approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the city. Castlemaine is encircled by at least six towns, each with their own particular identity. In addition to its established population, the Shire is a magnet for an increasing population of arts practitioners, tree changers, down shifters and those pursuing an alternative lifestyle based on environmental sustainability.
Castlemaine Community House provides programs and activities contributing to community development and supporting individuals and groups within the local community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
◙ a learning centre
◙ a meeting place
◙ a not-for-profit enterprise
◙ a drop-in centre
◙ a supportive, welcoming placean information network
We have a range of regular activities, educational classes for adults, programs for parents and children, and a large number of community projects which we run or contribute to. We are run by a committee of management and we have a number of staff and volunteers.
2015 marks our 30th anniversary. There is abrief history of our first 30 years
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- A refund is payable, less 50% of the course fee for cancellations made within 1 week of the course start date as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.