Whether you're looking for some skin condition relief or you just want a luxurious, moisturising bar of soap. Made with your own secret blend of Essential Oils, Clays and other beneficial ingredients.
Come along and create your very own high quality natural soap!
In this hands-on workshop you will explore;
- A brief history of soap
- Chemistry of soap making
- Necessary materials and equipment for cold process soap making
- Safety - working with sodium hydroxide
- Choosing Oils for your soap
- Benefits of adding and how to add ingredients such as Ess. Oils, Creams, Milks, Scrubs, Clays, Herbs, Spices and Botanicals.
- Colouring soap naturally
- How to create layers
- Preparation of your moulds and moulding options
- Insulating, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
You will be learning the "cold process" method
On completion of the workshop, you will take home:
- Approx. 8 to 10 x bars of your very own soap
- Knowledge and skills to create your very own soap recipe variations
CERES members and concession holders are entitled to a 10% discount. Enter "ceresmember" under the promotion and gifts code field.
*Please note that the CERES member or concession discount does not apply to "Bring-A-Friend" which are already discounted
Irene has been making soap for herself for a few years and became interested in developing a soap to help relieve some symptoms like rashes, eczema. acne. etc. Her soap ended up being very effective on herself and her family and friends. So with a great soap recipe combined with the love of a luxurious bar of freshly scented soap, she took herself off to the markets in QLD and sold out of her soap. On her return to Melbourne, she opened an open an online organic soap store called The Soap Maker. She visits several markets in Melbourne's South East & Gippsland and also sells her soap products online. Irene is a qualified workplace trainer and assessor and has worked in the employment and training industry.
For Information on our cancellation policy please click here
- How to use other oils in the creation of your own soaps
- How to make soap bars
- Benefits of adding and how to add ingredients
- Freshly crafted soaps
- Full course notes
- Access to a special soapmaking website for beginners
- Access lye charts on the Internet to be able to create your own formulas using different oils
- Notepad and pen, apron, rubber gloves
- 2 x clean, 1 litre, square cardboard milk carton or similar Container/ Tupperware (should hold 1.5 - 2 Litres)
- 25mls Essential Oil or 25mls Essential Oil Blend (not fragrance oil) - optional
Casual, clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Closed toe footwear
Anyone interested in making their own natural soaps
Vendor since 2013
CERES - Centre for Education and Research in Environmental Strategies, is an award winning, not-for-profit, sustainability centre located on 4.5 hectares on the Merri Creek in East Brunswick, Melbourne.
It is also a thriving community, an urban farm, Australia’s largest deliverer of environmental education, an event and conference venue and a place rich with social and cultural diversity. CERES is recognised as an international leader in community and environmental practice.
Built on a decommissioned rubbish tip that was once a bluestone quarry, today CERES is a vibrant eco-oasis. 350,000 people visit CERES each year. Many more engage with us through our Sustainable Schools program which takes sustainable education into schools across the state.
CERES’ green technology displays, buildings, education and training programs and social enterprises (CERES’ Organic Market, Café, Permaculture Nursery and Fair Food organics delivery) demonstrate food security, sustainable agriculture, energy efficiencies, renewables and water conservation in action.
CERES is a model for a future with sustainability, innovation and connectedness at its heart.
Come, be welcome, you never know what you will find on our rambling paths.