Discover the magic of classical dance in an Adult Ballet class tailored to all levels and gain a deeper understanding of ballet and its nuances, from the mind of a professional ballet dancer!
Your classes will be taught by Jane Casson, an award-winning former ballet dancer with The Australian Ballet and The Royal New Zealand Ballet.
Jane, currently a teacher at The Australian Ballet and Principal Teacher at City Adult Ballet, is incredibly passionate about sharing her love and world of classical dance. Jane's Adult Ballet classes are fun, motivating and informative, with an emphasis on artistry, technique and the joy of movement.
Students will start class at the barre for a full body warm up, including gentle stretching to improve mobility and flexibility. You will then transition into the centre for additional exercises, allowing flow and freedom of movement with all exercises set to music.
Enjoy a class of grace and beauty.
Classes are suited to all levels and beginners are welcome.
Click on VENUE for map. 2 hour off-street parking on Sutton Street as well as Mark Street and Alfred Street.
Classes run from 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM, Ministry of Dance, Level 1, 64 Sutton Street, North Melbourne 3051.
- Our dedicated, Professional Dance Teachers, encourage you to discover technical tips on alignment, poise and posture.
- Increase your flexibility, strengthen core muscles and learn how to correctly use your technique, to gain longer, stronger and leaner muscles.
- City Adult Ballet Classes emphasise technique, artistry and flow of movement. Classes are taught by former Professional Dancers of The Australian Ballet, Sydney Dance Company and The Royal New Zealand Ballet.
- City Adult Ballet Classes are catered to all levels. Beginners are welcome.
- Improve coordination, body awareness and increase stamina.
- Gain an insight into the discipline, drive and commitment it takes to become a better dancer.
- Improve your understanding of the discipline involved in ballet and learn about the fascinating and sometime humorous 'Unwritten Rules' of Dance and the reasons behind them.
- Learn how to make beautiful and graceful positions in class.
- Option to save and purchase complete 10 x City Adult Ballet class series or book a casual class.
- Access into the impressive dance studios at Jason Coleman's Ministry Of Dance in North Melbourne. A wonderland of dance!
- Receive in-depth ballet coaching, taught in a nurturing environment by former-Professional Dancers.
- Water bottle
- BYO Passion, drive and a willingness to learn!
It is advisable that you wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing in class - layers are advisable, as you will work up a sweat! For footwear, ballet flats are preferred, otherwise if you are a beginner, cotton socks can be worn.
Adults who love to dance or those who have wanted to try! Classes are suitable for all levels.
Vendor sincce 2015
Discover technical tips on alignment, poise and posture. Classes emphasise technique, artistry and flow of movement.
Learn from the best teachers! Classes are taught by current and former professional dancers, who are passionate about sharing their love and passion of dance with you in the studio.
Increase your flexibility, strengthen core muscles and learn how to correctly use your technique, to gain longer, stronger and leaner muscles.
• City Adult Ballet Classes are catered to all levels. Beginner dancers are more than welcome!
• We offer FREE BEGINNER CLASSES on Tuesdays at 12.45pm - Learn the basics from passionate and dedicated teachers.
• Receive technical ballet tips, taught in a nurturing, supportive environment.
• Improve coordination, body awareness and increase your stamina.
• Casual Adult Ballet classes available or save with multiple class purchases.
• Gain an insight into the discipline, drive and commitment it takes to become a better dancer.
• Receive insights from professional dancers and teachers, into postural alignment, technique and discover the magic and freedom that dance can bring.
• Access to the beautiful dance studios at Jason Coleman's Ministry Of Dance, in North Melbourne.
Classes are non-refundable.
In the event that your scheduled teacher is unable to take your class, every effort will be made by City Adult Ballet to find a Professional Guest Teacher as a replacement. If for any reason your class is cancelled, you will be refunded in full, less any booking charges.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You (the student) will take full responsibility for any injuries, which you may incur, as a result of participating in the program. You will make no claim against City Adult Ballet and/or its teachers.