Come and learn silversmithing techniques with Philip Noakes, Silversmith with 45 years experience, whose high standard of work has been recognised by The Institute of Professional Goldsmiths(London).You can make;
- a shallow copper bowl in a class,
- a silver spoon in two to three classes,
- a raised beaker in three classes.
Design and make other objects/vessels in consultation with Philip.The number of classes will be discussed and agreed between the student and Philip.
Class runs every Thursday, and you can start at any time.
Please note -This class is not a silver jewellery making class.
Duration: 3 Hours Thursdays: 5 PM - 8 PM
- Come and learn silversmithing techniques.
- Silversmithing techniques taught including raising, forming, seaming, forging and hammering.
- Lean to make a shallow copper bowl in one class, a silver spoon in 2 to 3 classes, a raised copper beaker or bowl in 3 to 4 classes.
- Instruction in silversmithing processes
- Work with Philip Noakes,Fellow of the Institute of Professional Goldsmiths(London) -category Silversmith.
- Your own copper or silver object, The cost of the silver depends on weight and can be purchased from the studio.
- Your interest to learn!
- Images and ideas
Long pants/jeans,tee shirt,closed in shoes and hair tied back. The dress code is for your safety.
No experience necessary
Vendor sincce 2016
We are a contemporary jewellery studio and gallery run by local jeweller Philip Noakes, who has over forty years experience in making and teaching in the industry. Philip has exhibited extensively around Australia, and makes his own work and private commisions, as well as teaching from the studio.
Contemporary Metal offers jewellers and students access to a fully equipped studio including: rolling mill, soldering and melting torches, pendant drills, vacuum casting, vulcaniser and wax injector, hydraulic press, lathe, tumbler, polisher, ultrasonic, large dapping sets and lapidary equipment.
We have benches available for hire on a casual, weekly or ongoing basis.