Our motto is "Fresh Baked" and from scratch. There's no such thing as skinny cupcakes and there's no such thing as baking from packet mix. We believe in tasty, fluffy, indulgent and gorgeous looking cupcakes because it makes people happy. There's an amazing feeling that comes with being able to bring a box of cupcakes to a party and letting them know that you baked them yourself. Now we want to share that experience with you by teaching our baking secrets of everything from the cupcake batter, fluffy buttercream, to the decorations you pop-on your final product.
Whether you're an avid home cupcake baker or have never even baked in your life, this Cupcake Baking & Decorating Masterclass is for you. Our Workshop Facilitators will be teaching you the basics of baking as well as professional tips and tricks that we use in our kitchens to make baking a breeze and fun.
Learn the secrets on how to bake cupcakes and decorate them like a professional for your next party, social gathering or even just for yourself. We promise that you'll be walking away from the class just a little bit chuffed on how well you've done (no seriously!)
You will learn the following and more...
An interactive session on how to bake two different recipes: Vanilla Vanilla and Red Velvet
You will make all cupcakes from scratch using your own mixers for a hands-on experience - we don't like running boring classes!
You will receive the secret recipes to our Vanilla Vanilla and Red Velvet cupcakes. For more information on our cookbook "Hatch That Dream" head to www.cupcakecentral.com.au
Learn how to make fondant icing decorations for your cupcakes. You'll learn how to make bows, roses, 3D designs and more.
Learn how to make buttercream frosting from scratch, recipe included
Learn how to use/hold a piping bag with buttercream frosting correctly
Learn how to pipe with 6-8 different styles, using different piping tips
Halfway through the class, you'll also be getting a coffee break and you'll get to taste the cupcakes you baked fresh out the oven!
Everything is provided for you on the day, just make sure you come along with some flat comfy shoes.
We seem to be booking out pretty quickly so please don't wait until the last minute to book into a class. We will be releasing new dates as our workshops book out.
Suitable for ages 15 and above, however if you feel that your child is mature enough to participate and pay attention throughout the 3.5 hours, we encourage them to attend.
Please register at the counter 5 minutes or more prior to the class starting so we know you've arrived.
Whilst we do have chairs and stools for you to sit on, we do recommend that you wear flat comfy shoes as there will be some parts of the class where it easier to stand.
Our Masterclass finish times vary and in some instances, the class may finish 15 minutes earlier or later than the indicated finish times.
So what are you waiting for? There's no better time to start learning - just see the hundreds of people that have attended our famous Masterclasses, it makes us super happy to know that there'll be a few more home bakers that bake from scratch now.
Special Requirement Requests:
- Gluten-Free or Vegan options: If you require gluten-free or vegan cupcakes please mention this in the "Special Requirements" text box when you complete your booking. There is no extra charge for this option. Please note that you will only be taught the standard Vanilla Vanilla & Red Velvet cupcake recipes but you will get Vegan/Gluten-Free cupcakes to decorate and take home.
- Special facilities: If you require special facilities and disability access to the workshops please contact our store on 9077 4542 and we can discuss the different options available.
Cancellations: We require 48 hrs notice if you are unable to attend your Masterclass and would like to reschedule, otherwise your booking will be lost and you will not be able to rebook into another class. We understand that some people may fall ill last minute but we will need as much notice as possible as we prepare in advance for your spot in our classes, we also have people waiting for spots and often book out.
- How to bake a batch of cupcakes in our special Vanilla Vanilla cupcakes and our famous Red Velvet cupcakes
- How to decorate cupcakes with frosting, cupcake decorations and making your own from fondant icing
- Secret tips from our bakers to make your cupcakes look professionally made
- A coffee break with a complimentary hot/cold beverage midway through whilst we wait for the cupcakes to cool
- 1 x Baking Quick Tips guidebook
- 1 x signature Cupcake Central box with your 8 cupcakes you've baked and decorated
- Hair tie if you have long hair
- Camera or camera phone to document your experience
- Everything else is provided for you on the day, from aprons to pens.
Comfy flat shoes with long hair tied back
Vendor since 2012
"Hatch That Dream" there is a story behind the tagline. It is the heart and soul of how Cupcake Central was built and is the intention behind every step that we take moving forward. (Find the full story on our website)
Do you have baking dreams? Cupcake Central was built on a dream and it takes the kindness, guidance and belief of many people to make dreams come true. As a result, a big part of our ethos is about paying that forward and doing what we can to play a small part in helping others in turning their own dreams into reality.
Our baking classes are designed, structured and run by our very own Head baker, Jaqueline Megowan. She graduated from Le Cordon Bleu, Pasadena in 2008 and has been in the industry for over a decade. We would only entrust our customers, with our best.
Have a browse at our baking classes, we are certain you will find one perfect for you. If you ever need cupcakes, visit us: www.cupcakecentral.com.au or pop in to one of our 6 stores located around Melbourne.
- For refunds on booked spots please ensure you contact our team on email@example.com or call the store on 03 9077 4542 at least 48 hours prior to the class. We normally book out weeks in advance and sometimes have a waiting list.
- Unfortunately for bookings that are cancelled under 48 hours we will not be able to provide refunds, we can possibly look to move your class to another date.
- Workshop times are just an indication only, you may finish before or after the finishing time.
- Cupcake Central will attempt to contact you on your mobile if you do not show up on the day. Unfortunately we will not be able to refund your spot if you come late or fail to attend on the day. A reminder email will be sent out a day prior to workshop date.
- Vouchers for the various workshops can be redeemed by the gift bearer when they wish to book themselves in.
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash and they last a year from the date of purchase.
Mermaid & Unicorn Frosting and Decorating WorkshopThu, 27 Feb 1:30AM