Make a large print using multiple photopolymer plates for added layering or use inkjet chine collé to add colour to the printed image. Testing for the correct exposure will be extensive to ensure plate exposures are good. Learn how to wash-out larger plates, with extra drying time required.
Previous experience with photopolymer printmaking is essential for this workshop. Some experience with chine collé or multiple plates useful but not a pre-requisite.
You may need to purchase extra plates or printing paper depending on your project/s.
Agave Print Workshop is located in an amazing 1970s A-frame at Trentham, a small town 97km north-west of Melbourne. Accommodation available. Price includes GST.
October 12, Monday | 10:00am-5:00pm October 13, Tuesday | 10:00am-5:00pm October 14, Wednesday | 10:00am-5:00pm October 15, Thursday | 10:00am-5:00pm
- Useful skills for making larger and more difficult prints include a steady hand for chine collé work and a keen eye for registration.
- Make a large print/s using multiple photopolymer plates for added layering or use inkjet chine collé to add colour to the printed image.
- Ensure correct exposure using several test strips which is important when making larger plates.
- During the 4 day workshop you will make one or two large prints, depending upon complexity.
- A materials kit and vegetarian lunch are provided.
- Bring along drawings or photographic source materials that can be drawn onto film or bring high-resolution digital files for photographic images.
- You may need to purchase extra plates or printing paper.
Please bring an apron, or wear old clothes and closed shoes.
This workshop would suit people already working in photopolymer printmaking, prior experience is necessary.
Vendor since 2015
In 2014 Dianne moved from Adelaide to Trentham in the Central Highlands of Victoria. Her art-work includes printmaking; encaustic, oil and pokerwork on wooden panels; artist books; on-glaze porcelain; and small scale bronze casting.
In her current work Dianne combines a cast of characters with cloudscapes and plant forms to create various scenarios. Her characters live in a world where nothing is certain.
Full payment or a 50% deposit is made at the time of registration. Balance of workshop payments can be made during the workshop.
Full refunds will only be made if your selected workshop/s are cancelled. If you give 14 days notice of withdrawal from a workshop you may swap your payment to another workshop within a 12 month period. All workshop fees include GST.
Workshops usually have a maximum of 6 participants to ensure individual attention. A materials kit is provided as part of the workshop fee for most workshops at AGAVE PRINT STUDIO. Additional materials can be purchased during or after a workshop. At Spring, Autumn and Summer School workshops some materials are charged separately as they can vary between the individual projects of participants.
On full-day workshops morning tea and a vegetarian lunch are provided. During half-day classes morning or afternoon tea is provided.
Many AGAVE PRINT STUDIO workshops and classes are suitable for beginners; if prior experience is necessary it is noted on the workshop description. The workshops introduce participants to exciting new printmaking processes, and suit a range of practioners. The workshops are particularly valuable for teachers and artists wanting to upgrade or extend their range of printmaking skills.
AGAVE PRINT STUDIO promotes a safe working environment.