Learn about the essentials of night photography and how to use your digital camera in manual mode in just two (2) hours! Aimed at beginners, travellers & explorers, you’ll have an expert photography mentor right next to you, guiding you along, hands on, one to one so you can improve your photography skills instantly. See Melbourne’s best hidden and iconic photographic hot spots, the maximum group size is only eight (8) and you can bring any kind of digital camera along!
We've had people with iphones, DSLR's, Leica M9's and everything in between. Over time we’ve nearly perfected our famous teaching philosophy. In fact, its simplicity is something we’re quite proud of. You’ll learn about shutter speed, aperture, ISO and controlling the light with your camera, so no more blurry images or missing that gorgeous sunset.
Duration: 2 Hours
- Stop using automatic mode! How to use your digital camera in manual mode
- Learn about shutter speed, aperture, ISO and controlling the light with your camera
- Night photography essentials - How to create light trails and light writing
- Capture photos without blurry images while using your camera handheld at night
- Two (2) hours of night photography mentorship from our professional photographer
- Create a series of your own iconic photographs to show your friends, family and colleagues
- The skills to use your camera confidently in manual mode at night
- One camera, one lens and your tripod, that’s it! You’ll learn the most if your camera shoots in manual mode.
- These days every DSLR and 99% of point and shoot cameras will have manual mode, don’t sweat it!
Comfortable walking shoes, warm clothes if it’s going to be cold.
All ages! If you’re under 18 please bring a parent or guardian.
Vendor since 2017
Launched in 2011, the DJB Photography School specialises in photography walk-shops showcasing Australia’s best hidden and iconic photographic hot spots.
Aimed at beginners, travelers & explorers, our expert photography mentors will teach you how to use your digital camera in two hours, guide you along, hands on, one to one so you can improve your photography skills instantly.
Our photography walk-shops include night photography classes, landscape photography classes and street photography classes.