Do you know where the flour in your food comes from?
At DUST believe bread should be a vehicle for nutrition and only use stone milled flour which retains as much nutrition as Mother Nature intended.
Join us for a special morning class of cakes, coffee and learning how stone milled flour can affect your family's health, especially for the residents and friends of the Tramsheds.
KIDS and pushchairs are welcome.
At DUST we are so passionate about stone milling our own flour, we want you to join us for a class all about flour, and more importantly the difference between modern flour, and our flour. An important part of what we do is educating people on what they're eating. Whether you're a parent, or are interested in food which is much more nutritious, join us for this special morning class.
- Find out why everyone is talking about stone milling flour and the nutritional benefits
- Discover why it is it better for you and we mill our own flour
- Eat delicious pastries, cakes & breads which use stone milled flour
AT THE CLASS:
- You'll be welcomed with coffee, tea and freshly made pastries
- Meet Ces, the third generation baker who is the man behind DUST, and the one causing such a stir in the bread making industry. He's certainly not afraid of a challenge, and opening DUST where he can mill his own flour has been a lifelong dream for him. If you're a regular at the Tramsheds, you'll have seen him there!
- Ces and the DUST team will take you behind the scenes to see our handmade stone mill and to see our heritage grains. They’ll demonstrate how our stone mill works and mills the flour.
- You'll learn what stone milling is and why it's so much better for you than traditional pre milled / roller milled flour that you buy in the supermarkets
- We’ll also teach you all about how slow fermentation works, and why it's so much better for and your digestive system
- Throughout the class, you’ll try all our breads, and we’ll drink coffee and enjoy a selection of pastries and cakes made with our stone ground flour.
You'll leave with a loaf of our signature bread, a Village Loaf, 1KG of freshly milled stone ground flour to take home and lots of new information about how to feed yourself and your families better bread.
Where: Dust Bakery - Tramsheds, Glebe
Time: 10am - 11am
INCLUDES: a loaf of our signature BOK Village Loaf to take home, 1KG of freshly milled stone ground flour, stone milled pastries and cakes.
This class is suitable for anyone, even if you think you can’t eat bread and are interested in why, this could change your world.
NEED MORE INFO? Email us on email@example.com
At DUST, all our bread, pastries and cakes contain our own stone milled flour, milled on site by our by our beautiful stone mill.
Stone milling our own flour is at the heart of everything we do because:
- it produces a flour which retains the highest level of nutrition
- it allows us to work directly with amazing organic Australian farmers to source the best sustainable grains we can find
In Australia, most commercial bread processes start with a pre milled flour, which has been roller milled. The grains have unknown origins, and the roller milling process essential strips the flour of much of its nutrients.
We believe bread should be a vehicle for nutrition and only use stone milled flour which retains as much nutrition as Mother Nature intended.
- why bread is broken, and what we can do to fix it
- how delicious and nutritious stone milled flour is in bread, pastries, and pizzas
- why knowing about stone milling flour will change how you think about feeding your family
- a new found knowledge to start your bread revolution
- a signature DUST Village loaf to take home
- 1KG of freshly milled stone ground flour to take home
- coffee, tea and stone ground pastries
- An empty stomach
- A thirst for bread knowledge
Anyone interested in bread, and how great it is
Vendor since 2016
DUST is a bakery, pizzeria and mill in the Tramsheds, Glebe.
Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, every menu item has bread at its core. DUST will serve a selection of fresh made schichiatta from the wood oven, stone ground, slow fermented wood fired pizzas, plus cakes, pastries, and of course a unique selection of breads.
An integral part of DUST is the on-site stone mill. One of the first in Sydney, the mill has been handmade in Austria with the bakery in mind. Owner Cesare and his team will grind any flour used themselves on site.
DUST will re-position bread at the rightful heart of our tables, meals, families and lives, and re-define the perception of flour.