Queensland Fruit Fly for Home Gardeners
Basics of QFly management for the Food Gardener
The Queensland Fruit Fly (QFly) has arrived in Melbourne and could impact your fruit or veggie harvest this season.
This webinar is for the home gardener and will introduce you to:
- QFly and its life cycle
- How it could impact your edible garden
- How to minimise the risk of it visiting your garden
- What to do if it does make a home in your crop
This is a free event. Ticket options are 1) Attend the live event plus receive a link to the recording, or 2) Receive a link to the recording only
- Richard Rowe: Environmental Educator at Edendale Farm and SGA
- Bronwyn Koll: Queensland Fruit Fly Regional Coordinator - Yarra Valley
- Stephanie Orive: Land Management Officer - Nillumbik Shire Council
- QFly identification
- Simple actions to keep QFly away from your crop
- What to do if you have QFly in you crop
- Inquiring mind
home gardeners, cooks, environmentally concerned
Vendor since 2020
Edendale is a small working farm on 7 hectares of land adjacent to the Diamond Creek in Eltham.
We are open 7 days a week 9.30 to 4.30 with the exception of Christmas Day. Entry to the farm is by a Gold Coin Donation into one of our donation boxes around the farm.
Edendale's purpose is to provide an interactive community and education centre to support sustainable living practices for the whole community.
- Local native plant nursery
- Preschool and school education programs
- Community sustainability workshops
- Family activities and events
- Cafe Eden and spaces for picnics
- Close proximity to Eltham North adventure playground reserve
- Volunteer opportunities
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 72 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Edendale Farm requires at least 72 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Edendale Farm has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Edendale Farm does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Edendale Farm to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Edendale Farm, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Edendale Farm or organised by Edendale Farm must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Edendale Farm
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Edendale Farm unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs, videos or recordings taken at Edendale Farm classes and events or on Edendale Farm premises. (For use of Edendale Farm marketing materials).
Photos and videos recordings will not be taken of children without written permission from parents or guardians.
Edendale Farm requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Edendale Farm, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.