Summer Fruit Tree Pruning
Join Justin Calverley for a pruning master class
Many of us focus on winter as the best time to prune our fruit trees and this is the case for some fruit trees however many fruit trees benefit much more from a summer pruning.
By early February harvests are finished for cherries, apricots, plums, peaches and nectarines and this is the best time to prune these and other trees for shape and to encourage new fruiting wood.
Join Justin Caverley at Edendale Farm for a summer fruit tree pruning workshop and learn how to best care for your fruit trees for health and to maximise your yield for next season. Pruning your fruit trees is also an important action for Queensland Fruit Fly management.
This workshops will combine both the theory of summer pruning with demonstrations in the orchard.
Bring your gardening gloves, a hat and a pair of secateurs.
Justin Calverley is horticultural expert with more than 20 years' experience and author of the book, The Urban Farmer. He is a go-to expert for the media and in high demand on the presentation and public speaking circuit. Ten years of Justin's popular 3RRR radio show 'Dirty Deeds' is available as a podcast.
- Winter vs Summer Pruning
- How to shape and improve fruiting with Summer pruning
While there is some parking available at the front of Edendale we would encourage you to investigate some more sustainable transport options including:
- Riding your bike
- Public Transport
- Car pooling
Some overflow parking may be available at Eltham North playground
- Gloves, hat, secateurs, sun screen
- The demonstrations will be in the orchard so please bring mobility aids if you need them
- Inquiring mind
Casual, closed shoes
home gardeners, urban farmers, permaculture
Vendor since 2020
Edendale is a small working farm on 7 hectares of land adjacent to the Diamond Creek in Eltham.
We are open 7 days a week 9.30 to 4.30 with the exception of Christmas Day. Entry to the farm is by a Gold Coin Donation into one of our donation boxes around the farm.
Edendale's purpose is to provide an interactive community and education centre to support sustainable living practices for the whole community.
- Local native plant nursery
- Preschool and school education programs
- Community sustainability workshops
- Family activities and events
- Cafe Eden and spaces for picnics
- Close proximity to Eltham North adventure playground reserve
- Volunteer opportunities
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 72 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Edendale Farm requires at least 72 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Edendale Farm has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Edendale Farm does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Edendale Farm to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Edendale Farm, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Edendale Farm or organised by Edendale Farm must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Edendale Farm
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Edendale Farm unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs, videos or recordings taken at Edendale Farm classes and events or on Edendale Farm premises. (For use of Edendale Farm marketing materials).
Photos and videos recordings will not be taken of children without written permission from parents or guardians.
Edendale Farm requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Edendale Farm, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.